HELP, applying to british uni from Italy Watch

ellie997
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi I am a VERY confused italian student.
I am looking forward attending a british uni but i have nearly no idea what i need to do.
- I found out about UCAS, however my school has nothing to do w it, should i ask them (small school, they may help me) or do it by myself w the independent option?
- How do predicted grades work? I just have heard about those since i have not come to that point of the application yet.

Now, since i have not british qualifications whatsoever
-What do I do?
I have a british language certification (the FCE, but i will take the IELTS, so this wont be my top qualification anymore), i have done the SAT (planning on taking it again), 2 AP classes w 5; BUT, no diploma. And, from what i got, the italian system is VERY different. I will get the results of the "esame di stato" in july, it is the equivalent of a high school diploma.
- can i put the american qualifications as well as the italian ones?
- is the grade of the "esame di stato" going to be predicted as well?

And, In my school they simply dont give you certain grades. I can do everything but certain teachers are stuck on the idea that they will never give the top grades to anyone who is not Shakespeare or Einstein. I was looking to good level universities and now i am getting anxious/dubious about my possibilities of getting accepted. -Are british uni strict about grade requirements for international students?

-How does the point system of UCAS work with international students?
annac7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ciao, sono Italiana anch'io ed essendomi posta le stesse domande mi sono informata un po' e da quello che ho capito allora tu puoi provare chiedere ai tuoi insegnanti dei "predicted grades", e se non possono aiutarti puoi anche non metterli cioè non è obbligatorio, in questo caso quando fai l'application alle tue università, loro praticamente tengono la tua ammissione in stallo fino a luglio, momento in cui vedono il tuo voto. Poi per quanto riguarda l'aiuto da parte delle scuole italiane per l'ammissione in uk penso dipenda da scuola a scuola, spero che la tua sia disponibile

Posted from TSR Mobile
ellie997
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
io vado in una privata quindi, essendoci pochi studenti, dovrebbero essere disponibili.
comunque per le uni a cui vorrei essere ammessa mi sa che nn posso pemettermi di non avere i predictd grades, dovro convincere i miei prof.
sry per l'invadenza, quindi anche tu stai provando l ammissione in uk? solo uk, o anche USa?
annac7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ciao si anch'io, solo uk perché in USA i costi sono eccessivi per me, comunque si se è privata allora perfetto

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads