Turn on thread page Beta

Arsenal are boring and West Ham are pointless watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel like Arsenal have become very repetitive in their gameplay. People talk about them being entertaining and total football but have you noticed how the way they play is exactly the same game in game out? Kind of boring. Exciting is Man City who can turn it on in style. Arsenal play the same tempo 24/7, it just gets dull. Also their current team has no real stars. I mean yes Sanchez is an excellent player but his style is a bit dull because it centres around his industry. Ozil is boring, Ramsay likewise if he is not scoring goals. Cazorla is similarly skillful but he's no Silva. Arsenal just do their silly little predictable triangles and twists and turns but they have become dull ... they have no stars and don't turn it on ala the era of Henry, Bergkamp etc

As for West Ham, they are surely the dullest football club to be gracing the Premier League in recent times. They appear to have no purpose or strategy other than sign second rate African footballers and journeymen English players who are past it or on the way down. Granted it might change with Moses an potentially Payet now on the scene, but they are so dull and have no personality. Terrible football club in terms of their business also with a fantastically bad track record of overpaying for crap and inflated wage packets. Only second best to QPR.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Random thread of the night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    Random thread of the night.
    Thank you tin tin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VergeofInsanity)
    Also their current team has no real stars.
    So true, I mean players like Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Ramsey, Koscielny, Cech - they're all awful, boring players right? I'd much rather have an 'exciting' superstar like James Milner or Jamie Vardy - someone who runs around a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I think Sanchez should place dirty infront of his name for bants then Arsenal might be more interesting to watch
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Payet's a wonderful signing by Bilic. If they can rectify their home form, they may have found a real gem of a manager who can cause controversy and headlines in the PL and further the club ahead of their move to the Olympic Stadium.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    So true, I mean players like Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Ramsey, Koscielny, Cech - they're all awful, boring players right? I'd much rather have an 'exciting' superstar like James Milner or Jamie Vardy - someone who runs around a lot.
    But they are boring. The only player in that group that could go to another TOP side is Sanchez. They have all been sold to Arsenal after having spells at big clubs but then those clubs realising that they are not quite TOP players, but just below. Can you see Ozil or Cazorla or Ramsay replacing the likes of Yaya Toure, Iniesta, DSilva, Kroos,Pogba, Pirlo .. stretching to the last few years Xavi, Fabregas, Gerrard, Schweinsteiger ... these players at their best? Not a chance, not a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Those Arsenal players mentioned are pretty good, the difference between the top teams and the ones just below is really the quality of the team's core players.

Man City are the best team now - but basically they have a core that sets them apart: Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero. We'll have to see how KDB goes as he might join that group but the other players at City are all players who you could put in Everton/Spurs/Swansea and people wouldn't say "oh they are too good for that level": Sagna, Kolarov, Mangala, Fernandinho, Bony and so on.

Chelsea were the best team last season, again they had a core - Courtois, Terry, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Costa. The rest of the team is not that special.

The big difference between this season and last season is that Chelsea's core were top notch last season, whereas City's were a bit patchy: Aguero was class but had some injuries; Kompany and Toure didn't have their best seasons, Silva and Hart were up and down. This season City's core have started really well whereas those Chelsea core players have not got going yet.

Arsenal now don't have a big enough core, they have two real top class players: Cech, Sanchez, and they have quite a lot of pretty good players, actually better than some of Chelsea and City's other players. I think really Arsenal need three top class players to win the league. If you were say to switch Kompany, Toure and Aguero to Arsenal then they would probably win the league.

Arsenal are not as far off as people think. I remember back in summer 2013 when they were sniffing around Suarez and a lot of Arsenal fans were saying 'don't want him'; given the way Arsenal started and finished the 2013/14 season if they'd signed Suarez I'm pretty sure they would have won the title that year.

Even the year before, they had a bad first half of 2012/13 season and then were the form team in the second half of 2012/13. That first half of 2012/13 the league title was decided by RVP's unstoppable form in his first half season at United. Had he still been at Arsenal they would have run United very close that season.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like Arsenal have become very repetitive in their gameplay. People talk about them being entertaining and total football but have you noticed how the way they play is exactly the same game in game out? Kind of boring. Exciting is Man City who can turn it on in style. Arsenal play the same tempo 24/7, it just gets dull. Also their current team has no real stars. I mean yes Sanchez is an excellent player but his style is a bit dull because it centres around his industry. Ozil is boring, Ramsay likewise if he is not scoring goals. Cazorla is similarly skillful but he's no Silva. Arsenal just do their silly little predictable triangles and twists and turns but they have become dull ... they have no stars and don't turn it on ala the era of Henry, Bergkamp etc

As for West Ham, they are surely the dullest football club to be gracing the Premier League in recent times. They appear to have no purpose or strategy other than sign second rate African footballers and journeymen English players who are past it or on the way down. Granted it might change with Moses an potentially Payet now on the scene, but they are so dull and have no personality.

Thoughts?
    Loool defo a jealous fan. Arsenal are one of the best teams in the BPL, and West Ham are on the way up to becoming one of the bigger teams, bet you support one of the most idle boring teams lol. Or a glory hunter xD

ReputationRep:

As for West Ham, they are surely the dullest football club to be gracing the Premier League in recent times. They appear to have no purpose or strategy other than sign second rate African footballers and journeymen English players who are past it or on the way down. Granted it might change with Moses an potentially Payet now on the scene, but they are so dull and have no personality.

Thoughts?
    My thoughts are FUKK YOU!!

West Ham are an amazing team and they're doing the best they can with the little money they have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gijops)
    My thoughts are FUKK YOU!!

West Ham are an amazing team and they're doing the best they can with the little money they have
    little money? Carroll? Payet? Moses? Song? Valencia? Sakho? Winston Reid recently got a bumper contract.

Saying West Ham have little money is a lie. They've just wasted it on crap like Downing, Jarvis, Nolan, Carroll, Kouyate, Maiga etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Loool defo a jealous fan. Arsenal are one of the best teams in the BPL, and West Ham are on the way up to becoming one of the bigger teams, bet you support one of the most idle boring teams lol. Or a glory hunter xD
    jealous? shall i bring you some perspective? i don't support a BPL team because I am a genuine football supporter who grew up supporting my local football team, not championing a big football club and becoming a customer for a brand. That's 'jealousy' for you mate. Champagne football supporter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Those Arsenal players mentioned are pretty good, the difference between the top teams and the ones just below is really the quality of the team's core players.

Man City are the best team now - but basically they have a core that sets them apart: Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero. We'll have to see how KDB goes as he might join that group but the other players at City are all players who you could put in Everton/Spurs/Swansea and people wouldn't say "oh they are too good for that level": Sagna, Kolarov, Mangala, Fernandinho, Bony and so on.

Chelsea were the best team last season, again they had a core - Courtois, Terry, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Costa. The rest of the team is not that special.

The big difference between this season and last season is that Chelsea's core were top notch last season, whereas City's were a bit patchy: Aguero was class but had some injuries; Kompany and Toure didn't have their best seasons, Silva and Hart were up and down. This season City's core have started really well whereas those Chelsea core players have not got going yet.

Arsenal now don't have a big enough core, they have two real top class players: Cech, Sanchez, and they have quite a lot of pretty good players, actually better than some of Chelsea and City's other players. I think really Arsenal need three top class players to win the league. If you were say to switch Kompany, Toure and Aguero to Arsenal then they would probably win the league.

Arsenal are not as far off as people think. I remember back in summer 2013 when they were sniffing around Suarez and a lot of Arsenal fans were saying 'don't want him'; given the way Arsenal started and finished the 2013/14 season if they'd signed Suarez I'm pretty sure they would have won the title that year.

Even the year before, they had a bad first half of 2012/13 season and then were the form team in the second half of 2012/13. That first half of 2012/13 the league title was decided by RVP's unstoppable form in his first half season at United. Had he still been at Arsenal they would have run United very close that season.
    You're not wrong as such. But Arsenal always will be second rate because of how they play and they now only attract 2nd rate late twenty something players who are not wanted by the best.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As ambitious as some of their summer business was, West Ham will suffer a £17m loss and are now in a position where they need to sell to buy again in January.

ReputationRep:
    Kompany myth still going on I see. He's not better than Koscielny ffs

ReputationRep:
    Surprised anyone would pick up on West Ham being pointless and boring when Newcastle under Ashley, and Sunderland, exist,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Allegro)
    Surprised anyone would pick up on West Ham being pointless and boring when Newcastle under Ashley, and Sunderland, exist,
    That's true actually. They are possibly the most pointless 3.

ReputationRep:

As for West Ham, they are surely the dullest football club to be gracing the Premier League in recent times. They appear to have no purpose or strategy other than sign second rate African footballers and journeymen English players who are past it or on the way down. Granted it might change with Moses an potentially Payet now on the scene, but they are so dull and have no personality. Terrible football club in terms of their business also with a fantastically bad track record of overpaying for crap and inflated wage packets. Only second best to QPR.

Thoughts?
    Troll.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal's 3 best players were all deemed surplus to requirement at their last clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Arsenal's 3 best players were all deemed surplus to requirement at their last clubs.
    Didn't realise Cardiff threw Ramsey onto the scrap heap

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.