Turn on thread page Beta

How does a student overdraft work watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Feel free to move this to the right forum

I know generally how current accounts work, I'm just specifically looking into when does the overdraft need to be paid back ? (i've never had or needed one before)
    Beginning university this week and i've been extra lenient on my budget since it's my birthday at the end of the week and my student loan comes in next week so I know by the end of next week i'll be financially sorted, i just wanted to buy all my stuff now so i'm currently £30 overdrawn

when does this need to be paid back ? is it similar to a credit card like paying back a specified amount each month or not.. I bank with santanders 123 student account if that makes a difference
    • Section Leader
    • Answer Heroes
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Answer Heroes
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by SamuelSingleton)
    Feel free to move this to the right forum

I know generally how current accounts work, I'm just specifically looking into when does the overdraft need to be paid back ? (i've never had or needed one before)
    Beginning university this week and i've been extra lenient on my budget since it's my birthday at the end of the week and my student loan comes in next week so I know by the end of next week i'll be financially sorted, i just wanted to buy all my stuff now so i'm currently £30 overdrawn

when does this need to be paid back ? is it similar to a credit card like paying back a specified amount each month or not.. I bank with santanders 123 student account if that makes a difference
    student overdrafts generally only need paying back once you've graduated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    student overdrafts generally only need paying back once you've graduated
    merci,
    so does that mean when my student loan goes in it'll just pay it back automatically since i'll be in credit then ?
    • Section Leader
    • Answer Heroes
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Answer Heroes
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by SamuelSingleton)
    merci,
    so does that mean when my student loan goes in it'll just pay it back automatically since i'll be in credit then ?
    exactly

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.