Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George-W-Duck)
    Just the naming of the cube and the points on it amused me, a cube 'ABCDEVDGDGDVDV' has vector coordinates blahblahblah. As for the integral, its the pressure of the exam, i came out and realised there was simle bits id have done in my sleep normally and had blanked too!
    ha me too! i almost laughed out loud at that! that was just before i hicupped really loudly out loud without realising it and then i couldnt stop laughing because the invidulator cracked up and i kept glancing up and seeing her smirk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    Does anyone know how the marks out of 60 will be changed into marks out of 100?
    Roughly 1r2r3 each, lol. Then plus or minus 20 marks for the UMS after its been scaled (hopefully).

ReputationRep:
    generally for a hard paper, 40/60 will get you and A so thats 80 UMS marks. I don't think it'll be any lower than this though as this paper was similar to the january one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonas123)
    generally for a hard paper, 40/60 will get you and A so thats 80 UMS marks. I don't think it'll be any lower than this though as this paper was similar to the january one.
    well .... i could only even attempt 28/60 of the marks (counted up at the end the parts which i did) so.... hmmm let me see... say i got 75% of those right.... that 21/60 which is 34%, add the 15%... and *drum roll* a grand total of 50/100.... o ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    i hope theres going to be an uproar!!!!
    my maths teacher said that apparently last summers P3 was the worst done ever so the grade boudnaries were really low, but i mean wen i did the paper it wasnt *that* bad...
    if that was bad wat on earth is this going to be?
    there had better be an uproar.
    we can start one here ourselves on UKL!

maybe were just rubbish at maths tho.. some people (or was it just 1 person) found the paper ok... i think its cz im a real 'train urself for exams with past papers' which is y i cudnt do it.
    I honestly think that anyone who found it ok is either a genius or going to be v. dissapointed. I am good at maths - got a high A for AS & was getting above 70% in all the P3 past papers - but honestly could not answer the last 4 questions at all. I have never had such a hard exam before - there damn well better be an uproar!

ReputationRep:
    try the jan 04 paper. That's the reason i retook p3, i got 80ums in the jan one.

possibly a waste of £10 but who knows

ReputationRep:
    try the jan 04 paper. That's the reason i retook p3, i got 80ums in the jan one.

possibly a waste of £10 but who knows
    That was actually a nice paper, this P3 paper was a complete nightmare in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    so does anybody have the anwsers to the paper? That’d be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    http://www.hhc.ac.uk/subject/cm/math...June2004P3.doc

I'm still kicking myself for the stupid mistakes i made......i *love* method marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    That was actually a nice paper, this P3 paper was a complete nightmare in comparison.
    I totally agree.I dont know how you can compare any of the past papers to the one we just did. Jan. 2002 was a bit arkward imo, but even that was relatively simple in comparison to this!I just could'nt believe that a binomial q did not come up.
    However, i think that we might have done better than expected in general as in P3 you get plenty of marks for showin method,even if you solution is wrong.

Sukh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange soap)
    http://www.hhc.ac.uk/subject/cm/math...June2004P3.doc

I'm still kicking myself for the stupid mistakes i made......i *love* method marks
    *******s, cheers for the answers, you don't happen to have the paper by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Someone posted it sum where else.........errr, there you go . Relive the memories ..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange soap)
    Someone posted it sum where else.........errr, there you go . Relive the memories ..........
    agh im kicking myself! out of the whole back page i could only do 8 part one and you know what? I bloody got it wrong because in my stress of the exam from hell, I did the answer in degrees not radians grrr If i miss an A overall by 2 marks im gonna be mega pissed!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much for the question papers and the answers. I now have so much more confidence. I have gone through them and worked out that I answered about 45/60 marks. So if I get all of them right, then woooo perhaps an A will be heading my way, if I'm lucky! I even attempted some of the ones on the dreaded back page and managed to get them right! I am now so much more confident about it. Roll on results day (I'm now also so glad I'm applying during my gap year for Uni and am not dependant upon this result for a uni place!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    agh im kicking myself! out of the whole back page i could only do 8 part one and you know what? I bloody got it wrong because in my stress of the exam from hell, I did the answer in degrees not radians grrr If i miss an A overall by 2 marks im gonna be mega pissed!
    it doesnt actually specify whether the answer should be in degrees or radians - it only says 'exact' answer needed. i started in degrees as well but then put them into radians because i prefer them...but i dont think you'll lose the marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggin)
    it doesnt actually specify whether the answer should be in degrees or radians - it only says 'exact' answer needed. i started in degrees as well but then put them into radians because i prefer them...but i dont think you'll lose the marks
    o good good

ReputationRep:
    i reckon i got about 48/60 so hopefully that will improve on my 80ums marks last time

ReputationRep:
    i reckon i got about 48/60 so hopefully that will improve on my 80ums marks last time
    what exactly is an UMS mark? every time i see them i read it like 'ums' as in ... thinking ... um...!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    it means unified something something.

So basically its how you did in relation to everyone else, and it is the mark that counts towards your a level, not the raw mark (x/60)

the top 1% or thereabouts get 100ums (which is full marks) and it goes down from there.

ReputationRep:
    I think i got 24/60 .....

Least I got 274/300 last year so that might compensate a little

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.