Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    a couple of ppl in my maths set are on 800/800

i'm at about 750/800

800/800 though! thats like impossible :mad:

ReputationRep:
    33/60 *******s, think they'll scale it so I get 70%? lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    33/60 *******s, think they'll scale it so I get 70%? lol.
    Depends, i think the ums was scaled by about 1.2 last year but with everyone complaining about the paper i wouldnt be surprised to see it u about 1.3 at least, my business exam was up at 1.43 when i got my mark remarked in january!

ReputationRep:
    Really? They'll multiply raw marks by 1.2 ish, thats crazy (but good), so people with 50/60 would get 100 UMS points? andand people with 35/60 would get a B George-W-Duck you have made my day Lets just hope it happens

ReputationRep:
    i approximated what i got from the questions i was sure i had correct from the first 5, and that was 24 so basically unless i pick up some in the vectors question, i'm screwed because i didn't have an apes uncle about those last two.

ReputationRep:
    i'm just comparing the answers and the questions, and except the last two, and parametric one (dunno why i didn't see that one) i've got most of it correct.

But that last one, since when did we study in depth about inverse functions? I mean its alright for you double mathematicians because you've done loads of other crap and random stuff that means you can interpret questions different, but for your bog standard a-level maths student, i.e. me, that was just so badly worded, really didn't understand it.

GODDAMN OCR W*******

ReputationRep:
    i did the same and got about 25 mark.....which should fingers crossed give me about 50 ums. Which means i need about 86 ums in s2 to get an A....unlikly condisering OCR's foul mood of late, i bet s2 will be a real ***** as well. Oh well, i can only try... roll on s2

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.