The Student Room Group

Finance entitlement changed after clearing!

Hey guys, I really urgently need help with this.

So months and months ago I got accepted into a London uni, did my student finance, all was fine. They approved my tuition fee loan and my maintenance loan, no issues.

I decided during clearing to apply to a different London uni, who accepted me, and I changed my details on student finance.

Now student finance have approved the changes to my application, but are saying I'm not entitled to anything (tuition fees or maintenance).

In case this helps, I looked at the Correspondence History section, and they haven't sent me any letters etc. since June, which was when the loan for the previous uni was approved.

I am so confused! Before changing my uni, everything was fine. Considering I start uni next week, I'm really panicking. I'm phoning SLC tomorrow but any advice or similar stories would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Just to clarify, if SF haven't contacted you since your original application was approved in June, how do you know that they have now totally refused to fund your new course?

The main reasons I can think of for total refusal of SF would be that:

1) You don't meet UK/EU residency requirements and they only found out after your original application was approved.
2) You already have a degree (or have spent 4+ years at uni), and your new course isn't covered by the second degree exceptions (e.g. NHS funded) where your original course was.
3) SF have made a mistake.
4) You're misinterpreting something you're seeing on the SF system. If they need to re-assess your application after a course change, it may well have reverted to zero during the re-assessment process.

I'd phone SF today in your shoes.
Reply 2
Original post by Klix88
Just to clarify, if SF haven't contacted you since your original application was approved in June, how do you know that they have now totally refused to fund your new course?

Thanks for your reply.

I've been checking my account regularly for any changes. After I changed the uni on my application, the status of the application changed to 'submitted.' When I checked yesterday, the status had changed to 'approved' so I checked my entitlement summary, which is where I read that I'm not entitled for student finance based on the evidence I'd given them.

I phoned them up earlier and have found the source of the problem. When I changed my application, I should have filled out a new PN1 form. Apparently I received a letter in the post informing me of this, but I don't recall getting this letter and it doesn't show up in correspondence history. But never mind, at least now I know.

Anyway, they've told me what I need to do and hopefully it should all be fine as there's no reason why I wouldn't be entitled to it; it's just a case of hoping the money will come ASAP and the uni will be understanding of the situation.
Original post by hanrom
Hey guys, I really urgently need help with this.

So months and months ago I got accepted into a London uni, did my student finance, all was fine. They approved my tuition fee loan and my maintenance loan, no issues.

I decided during clearing to apply to a different London uni, who accepted me, and I changed my details on student finance.

Now student finance have approved the changes to my application, but are saying I'm not entitled to anything (tuition fees or maintenance).

In case this helps, I looked at the Correspondence History section, and they haven't sent me any letters etc. since June, which was when the loan for the previous uni was approved.

I am so confused! Before changing my uni, everything was fine. Considering I start uni next week, I'm really panicking. I'm phoning SLC tomorrow but any advice or similar

SFE approves my full four year program every year new application made and approved, final year requests were made to CCP and no response was given . Funding stopped however uni allowed me to graduate as self financed student and I owe them my fees .

Post grad unconditional offer taken , approved last week payments blocked , absolutely devastating for a person of my social status (single mum climbed the ladder of social justice and CFS waited at the top to kick me back down by the face ! Signing of

Eligible Citizen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending