Spencera91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Looking to apply for this course in the next few weeks, upon checking the entry requirements there is no sign of a need for a driving licence or if one is needed about being a maximum of points that are accepted? Ive emailed the admissions but yet to have a response. Anybody know if there is anything specific required ?
MrJay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If it's not mentioned it might be that having a driving licence or category C1 isn't essential, but having them would definitely improve your employability prospects. That's certainly true at Birmingham City University where I'm at (I'm not doing paramedic science myself). However, if required, most uni's want you to have a full clean driving licence with category C1 prior to you commencing the course.

Good luck.
Happy_Holidays
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It might it be required however you will almost certainly need a car to get to placements and C1 to get a job at the end. As a guide when applying for jobs they usually won't accept more than 3 points and they can only be for certain things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spencera91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have my full licence but with 6 points which will expire in 2016 so this shoudlt affect me right?
Happy_Holidays
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think so no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (120)
64.86%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.08%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.05%

Watched Threads