Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to take either a children's or adult nursing degree to become a RN.
    I'm interested in taking a degree after in midwifery and also taking further course in paediatric nursing in the future. Which nursing degree would be best and enable me to further my career
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by gemmajg123)
    I'm interested in taking a degree after in midwifery and also taking further course in paediatric nursing in the future. Which nursing degree would be best and enable me to further my career
    Only you can answer that question, child and adult are incredibly different from each other and it boils down to which group do you ultimately want to work with. Don't bank on being able to do midwifery afterwards as there's so little courses offered to convert and you probably have to be seconded to do it that it is very very difficult to be to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmajg123)
    Do you want to look after adults, pregnant women or children?

The post reg midwifery course is only open to people who have registration in adult nursing, as midwifery is about care of the pregnant adult woman.

You might be able to go on to do a subsequent post reg course to add child branch onto your registration if you trained as an adult nurse first of all, but they're few and far between these days.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.