Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a tricky predicament at the moment. I'm sitting on a UKCAT score of 835, however I'm torn for one of my choices. I have visited both KCL and Leeds, I liked both but I preferred Leeds. My issue is that although I like leeds, KCL is more suited to my strengths and I'm more likely to get an interview. I score full marks academically at Leeds but I'm worried that the personal statement is so subjective when it's marked it could all go wrong.

I have 6A*s 3As at GCSE and 4As at AS with average of about 98%. My other three choices are Nottingham, Newcastle and Cambridge.

If you were in my situation, what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    I applied King's to be 'smart' because I also couldn't think of a 4th choice (my others being UCL, Imperial and Newcastle). I never visited the open day, but when I went there, I could not imagine myself going there. I ended up getting an offer, but looking back at it now, I don't think I would have enjoyed it there!
    If I was to reapply, I definitely would not have put it down, but the reason I did was because I was scared about not getting into my top choices, so I just put a 'smart choice' down.
    If the rest of your choices are fairly smart choices (which they seem like based on your pretty impressive stats), then you might as well put Leeds down!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizbox)
    I'm in a tricky predicament at the moment. I'm sitting on a UKCAT score of 835,.....
    Consider it as 3 choices for your favorites and a "backup best chance" as your 4th

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 17, 2015

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.