Turn on thread page Beta

Why straight white men continue to dominate society watch

ReputationRep:
    We live in an age of identity politics, where minorities are applauded simply for being minorities and women are similarly held up.

Straight white men are immune to this, obviously, because we're scum. But what if the fact that straight white guys don't think in terms of blinkered communities the way black people or gays are often wont to do, isn't because "they don't need to because the system benefits them"?

What if the system benefits them because they don't engage in tribalist, racist, sexist bigotry and seek to actively make something of themselves rather than taking comfort in the fact that their sex couldn't vote until 1918* or the local white boy's grandfather probably kept them as slaves**.

Maybe we ought to abolish black, gay, female pride etc and embrace our common Britishness. Then we can focus on improving our community, our nation and ourselves rather than rotting in the way many minority communities do now.

This post is full of sweeping generalities, I know it doesn't apply to all women and all minorities.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a proud white male.

It is unfortunate to live in today's society where being white and male is actively discriminated against.

ReputationRep:
    L O L

ReputationRep:
    You're quite right that it's all *******s, but to divide ourselves on Britishness is scarcely better.

We should just be honest with ourselves that really what makes the world go round is money and connections. In short, we should bring back class consciousness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    We live in an age of identity politics, where minorities are applauded simply for being minorities and women are similarly held up.

Straight white men are immune to this, obviously, because we're scum. But what if the fact that straight white guys don't think in terms of blinkered communities the way black people or gays are often wont to do, isn't because "they don't need to because the system benefits them"?

What if the system benefits them because they don't engage in tribalist, racist, sexist bigotry and seek to actively make something of themselves rather than taking comfort in the fact that their sex couldn't vote until 1918* or the local white boy's grandfather probably kept them as slaves**.

Maybe we ought to abolish black, gay, female pride etc and embrace our common Britishness. Then we can focus on improving our community, our nation and ourselves rather than rotting in the way many minority communities do now.

This post is full of sweeping generalities, I know it doesn't apply to all women and all minorities.
    AMEN, we need to focus on what we have in common rather than what's different. Said as a mixed-race female

ReputationRep:
    Hmm maybe because Western society is largely White?

and most people are straight?

Do straight White men dominate society in Korea? China? Zimbabwe?

ReputationRep:
    ... Says a white male at 4:24AM with no life on TSR making absurd incoherent threads.

We're one race ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Morality)
    Replies a retard at 6am. Is that any better? There are four distinct races and many haplogroups under that. There_are_races. You reject science and observation. Don't be so stupid.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iwouldliketoknow)
    Typical white male angst. I must give it to you guys, you and your women are the onky group of people which i question your humanity and emotions. I guess when yiur a sociopath it is easier to stamp all over people which gave you your underdeserved edge. I have never seen a group so disgusting tbh but carry on
    Careful, sounds like you're stereotyping.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, White men are probably the least likely to be bigoted or nepotistic.

In general lots of human cultures favour their own people and don't actually see it as racist or odd.

EDIT: One thing, in this country ethnic British men are not the most wealthy and successful, but for whatever reason the liberal left chooses to focus in on minority groups who are less successful than the the average, whilst ignoring more successful groups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZolaCFC25)
    ... Says a white male at 4:24AM with no life on TSR making absurd incoherent threads.

We're one race ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have insomnia. I don't just sit here all day for fun.

ReputationRep:
    Don't agree with the statement. You only need look at the BBC to see how ethnicised that is; blacks dominate the yoof/trendy stuff and Jews/Asians the harder new items. Then Asians and Jews dominate law, medicine, accountancy, banking , finance, IT, engineering.. which is pretty ridiculous considering we are recognised as an Anglo Saxon country.

Its only really the Metropolitian Police which is white anglo dominated, but that is simply because non degree holding ethnic Londoners tend to like their gang culture and their bling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rad-Reloaded)
    To be fair, White men are probably the least likely to be bigoted or nepotistic.

In general lots of human cultures favour their own people and don't actually see it as racist or odd.

EDIT: One thing, in this country ethnic British men are not the most wealthy and successful, but for whatever reason the liberal left chooses to focus in on minority groups who are less successful than the the average, whilst ignoring more successful groups.

the lies you tell

how stupid you help those who need to be helped
    that is a tenant of a civilised society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    I have insomnia. I don't just sit here all day for fun.
    a lot of you do

ReputationRep:
    a lot of you do
    "You" herein meaning… straight while people? I hope not. That would be awfully racist.

Posted from the TSR app - no updates since 2013!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to provide a considered response. I'll break the internet and commit the worst atrocity of all: I'll hurt someone's feelings.

ReputationRep:
    [/b]

the lies you tell

how stupid you help those who need to be helped
    that is a tenant of a civilised society
    Lmao

White Brits are not the most wealthy group in this country, Sikhs and Chinese for example generally have higher earnings.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.