Turn on thread page Beta

How do you get an online store known? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    say you open your own online store, how would you make people aware that you exist?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can find some kind of youtuber or blogger with a decent following to review your stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Advertise it on popular websites that are related to the kinds of things you sell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    SEO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vlammm)
    You can find some kind of youtuber or blogger with a decent following to review your stuff.
    (Original post by earthworm)
    SEO
    These.

ReputationRep:
    Offer free heads.

ReputationRep:
    1) Creat a fb page and the pronote it, i got 5000 like for my writers page.
    2) Start an etsy ebay shop with links to the website.
    3) Start your own youtube own lifestyle channel with tips and life hacks and a laid back energy do not be a yrd seller embrace the competition and be entertaining.
    4) Advertise on gumtree, to start out.

ReputationRep:
    a lot (if not all of the answers above) are right, but doesn't mean that they are right for you.

I would say .. it depends.

look at who your customers are (or who you want them to be), and see where they are, THEN decide on the best way to reach them.

In terms of content creation suggested above, there's definitely merit there, but the fact that its something that's just suggested now implies that you would be getting into heavy competition, so you would need something really original but still relevant, or a lot of 'promoting power'.

Today the best, and fastest way to get people to TRUST your brand (which is more than just them being aware of it and is a better measure of whether they will buy from you over a long time or not), is still word of mouth which today has taken the context of driving conversations (little bit related to content creation but more focused on the conversations that are already happening), which means keeping up to date of everything happening in your space and seeing how you can involve yourself (linked also to SEO).

to summarise, there are 92038492472823894872893748274893 2 ways you COULD get awareness but you need to choose which ones are the best for you, which depends on more information about your store (what are you selling, who to, is there a why behind it etc., then build something which gets just the tools you need working together

hope this is helpful
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Social networking.

ReputationRep:
    Hi my name is becky and i have an online store which i'm trying to promote as well. What if you can't afford to promote on facebook? Or spend money on advertising?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just started a business 4 weeks ago and the way I got my business out there was to do Facebook and adwords advertising. Google adwords gives you £75 free credit and this can be a great starting point. You also need to educate yourself on SEO ( Search Engine Optimization) this will help your business to rank on google. You can also place your products on websites such as Ebay and Amazon and when you package your items, put a business flyer in the packaging which will tell your ebay customers about your website.

My website is called: www.stylefierce.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, if this is a long-term, committed effort, you need to understand SEO. It is something that you can teach yourself and shouldn't cost you anything more than hard work. There are hundreds of blogs and books that can help, as well as lots of free tools than can help you improve. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone! I have also set up my own Etsy store and I'm still very much learning! I started using Instagram initially, and sold my items using Paypal Invoices. This has worked on a small scale, however I think Etsy may help to increase sales. I began by advertising my Etsy site via Instagram, which worked to get some shop views, however they have now slowed down a lot and I need to look into ways of bringing people to my shop! After reading this I am going to do my research into SEO and hopefully that will improve my stats Thanks for everyone's advice, it has been very useful! Does anyone have any recommendations with regards to drawing Etsy attraction via Instagram?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I personally believe that any business needs a solid marketing strategy that combines both online and offline marketing tools. I've been cooperating with the event marketing agency ( http://proektainc.com/services/exper...ng-agency.html ). These guys managed to arrange a few absolutely successful events to make my brand recognizable.

ReputationRep:
    SEO, Social Media Presence, get youtubers to review them, send people out products to look at, find forums or communities for your product.

When I owned my own business, I found a niche forum for it, and they had a dedicated section to online shops etc so that worked really well.
    Facebook and Twitter are good for interacting with your clients and enable you to provide them with a personal customer support, you can resolve really quick queries and will make them come back.

In the first months of my business I had around 30 orders with no prior presence or background.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.