Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Blue Machine)
    It's ridiculous. Just ridiculous. Do that! Convince them, email, push push push, Have a hissy fit, cry, get your parents involved , whatever but you certainly should be predicted an A*!
    Im really confused whats the difference between normal BTEC APPLIED SCIENCE and EXTENDED VERSION. Because i am currently doing BTEC APPLIED SCIENCE and i think i need to do extended to get into unis with applied science btec.I emailed my teacher she said this... (below in bold)BTEC Certificate UNIT 1, 2, 4 (That is what we are doing this term till Jan)BTEC Subsidiary diploma UNIT 5, 11, 22 (We will do this during the second half of year 12)If you complete all these that is equivalent to an A level and you will get one Distinction.BTEC 90 credit Diploma UNIT 3, 6, 8, 13 (You will do these in year 13)If you do all the unit above you will get two grades so DD or D*D* and its equivalent to one AS and one A level.BTEC 120 credit Diploma Unit 18, 19, 20 (These units are extra units that you can only complete with Mrs Purtell after-school. More information will follow in Year 13)If you do all of the units above you will get two grades so DD or D*D* but it is equivalent to two A levels.The picture you sent was of the applied medical science BTEC, we just do the Applied science BTEC.See the attached picture, keele university emailed me and said 15 of those units need to be done to be considered.PLEASE HELP

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.