Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is only a suggestion,

1. Why doesnt the person who runs this forums....have a limit on it..say 350 people at any one time?

2. Is it due to the bandwidth that the whole website slows down...or is it due to the servers capability? Can either of them be increased? I think this is a growing forums...clearly with lots of new members joining, so the problem is only going to get worse.....

Can anything be done other than telling people to stop hitting refresh ?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chud)
    This is only a suggestion,

1. Why doesnt the person who runs this forums....have a limit on it..say 350 people at any one time?
    Because the 351st person and above would get those busy messages and would have to keep refeshing anyway...

(Original post by chud)
    2. Is it due to the bandwidth that the whole website slows down...or is it due to the servers capability? Can either of them be increased? I think this is a growing forums...clearly with lots of new members joining, so the problem is only going to get worse.....
    I think its the server... can't process stuff as there are too many active users and new posts and stuff that the server has to store
    (Original post by chud)
    Can anything be done other than telling people to stop hitting refresh ?!
    yup... you can tell them to keep hitting refresh until they get in... i know i do

ReputationRep:
    Its the software trying to stop the server being KO'd

(Original post by S1M)
    you can tell them to keep hitting refresh until they get in... i know i do
    thanks, that really helps everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    thanks, that really helps everyone.
    I'm sorry if that kind of came out bad... I don't constantly refresh... just every 30 secs or so if the page doesn't load

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.