Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I failed a module in my first year at uni which means I only scored 100 credits out of the 120 you need to progress to the second year. This means I have to take an extra year as a part time student between my first and second years to complete the module I failed.

I was just wondering if I will still receive the student finance I have been scheduled to receive for this year, and if I won't get any money in the third year? I don't know how it works and it's kind of worrying. I was supposed to get my first installment on Monday of this week and it still hasn't come through. I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

Any help is appreciated.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

If you're doing a three-year course then you're entitled to four years of funding. So as long as your University confirm to us that you are registered on a full-time course (even if you're only attending part-time) then you'll get payments. One thing you will need to do is alter your application to show that you're repeating first year. If your course has already started then ask your University to send a change of circumstances to SFE.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    oh my goodness thank you so much! I'll be sure to do that this has helped me a lot thank you.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.