The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Need helpful advice and a mark out of 10!

Hello:-)

I'm thinking about applying to Loughborough Uni for international business management but I've never been able to visit! Could you give me some ideas as to what the university is like?
Are there many things to do (eg: gym, societies,shopping)?
What's freshers like?
Are the people nice?
What's the area like?
Is it expensive?
Is the nightlife good?
Are lecturers helpful?
Do you enjoy living there?

If you could give it a mark out of 10 that would be really helpful too!
Thankssss:-)
Original post by clolouise16

I'm thinking about applying to Loughborough Uni for international business management but I've never been able to visit! Could you give me some ideas as to what the university is like?
What's freshers like?
Are the people nice?
What's the area like?
Is it expensive?
Is the nightlife good?
Are lecturers helpful?

Hi clolouise16

Great to hear that you are thinking of studying at Loughborough!

Are you aware of our open days this weekend? We are running them from 9.30-3.30 this Friday and Saturday (18th and 19th) - they would be a great opportunity for you to come and have a look at our amazing campus and find out more about studying at Loughborough. There will be lots of people around, students and staff, who you can chat to. You can book your place here:

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/open-days/

Alternatively, if you are unable to make these dates we do run regular campus tours. For a full list of dates have a look at http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/open-days/other-ways-visit/campus-tours/

I hope this helps! We would love to show you around.

Amy
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by clolouise16

What's freshers like?
Are the people nice?
What's the area like?
Is it expensive?
Is the nightlife good?
Are lecturers helpful?

- There is so much to do at Loughborough! If you go on lsu.co.uk you'll be able to look at the different societies and other things to get involved in whilst at uni including volunteering etc. There are 2 gyms on campus and some in town as well,for the past 2 years they have done a fresher gym deal of 3 years for £300 at the recently built Holywell gym. The town is quite small and doesn't have a huge amount of shops but Leicester and Nottingham are close by and if you shop online they get delivered to parcelz on campus for you.
10/10

- I loved freshers. Each hall has a different theme each year and a timetable of day, evening and night events. There's also freshers ball that happens each year which is always good, there's a main performer each year and it's always the biggest event of freshers.
9/10 - I loved freshers, it can just be difficult because it runs through first week of lectures so it really take it out of you in that first week

- I think the people at Loughborough are some of the nicest. I might be biased but I don't recall coming across a really rude person. If you need to find somewhere and you ask someone who happens to walk past they are more than happy to help. All the staff are so nice and helpful too. Everyone is so passionate and enthusiastic about Loughborough and being there and this really shows.
10/10 - for other students and staff

- The town itself is just like any other town really and the surrounding areas of Loughborough are really nice, there's quite a few places to go on walks etc. As a first year you will probably live on campus and campus is so beautiful, it's huge as well.
8/10 - it's just a small town pretty similar to any other ordinary town. But campus would get a 10/10

- It's not that expensive I don't think. Shops obviously have the same prices where ever you are in the country and pubs and clubs know that the majority of the towns population are students so it's always pretty cheap on nights out and stuff. Same with restaurants, they'll usually have deals on.
9/10

- Loughborough union is one of the best if not the best in the country! People come to Loughborough from other units and are shocked at how much our union has to offer. There are 3 clubs inside the union and there's also a pub/bar as well. Then in town there are many clubs. Each night of the week will have a place that gets the busiest. The union has a night out on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Then there's other events for example DBE that happens on a Thursday every term and Subversion that happens every fortnight on a Saturday.
9/10

- I can only speak for the lecturers in my department but they are so helpful! If you have a question you can speak to them at the end of a lecture or email them and they'll reply as soon as possible. There's also a place on each module page online where you can write questions that are visible to every person on the module and some lecturers will reply on there too.
8/10

- I love living in Loughborough. I've lived in halls and town and have loved both. It's the people that I've met and the general atmosphere of the uni that make me love living there so much.
10/10

Hope any of this helps! I definitely would recommend Loughborough as an option!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending