Turn on thread page Beta

girls would you date a mummys boy like me? watch

Announcements

i dont know if im classed as a mummys boy but i do take my mum out for dinner quite often and other places. Shes a lone parent and im her only child. Im 18 and my last GF hated my relationship with my mum, she was saying how i would listen to anything my mum says and how annoying she was. I do listen to my mum and respect her opinion but i definitely have a mind of my own and can make decisions. However she didnt see it that way and demanded me to spend less time with my mum. so it didnt work out between us. im just wondering are most girls like this?

Is good that you respect your mum and why not.

ReputationRep:
    I told a girl once i was a mummys boy. She laughed at me :/
    Idgaf tho, mummys boy and proud.

Its good to spent time with your family every now and then especially if you live with a single parent.

If anyone says otherwise, don't listen to them and do what makes you feel happy.

Parents sometimes need to be with their kids so they won't feel lonely.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's great that you have a strong relationship with your mum.

I personally wouldn't be too offended about you spending so much time with your mum, as long as you spent a decent amount of time with me as well

ReputationRep:
    Lol, your 'mummy's boy' thought process might become a problem for you later on. like marriage or a long term relationship.

ReputationRep:
    thats so cute it's good to maintain a healthy relationship with your parents

ReputationRep:
    I don't know you personally so I couldn't say whether you're a 'mummy's boy' or just respectful and nice to your mother. There's no way I would be turned off by the latter.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with it but if it's like an episode of 'everybody loves Raymond ' then it would be annoying xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i dont know if im classed as a mummys boy but i do take my mum out for dinner quite often and other places. Shes a lone parent and im her only child. Im 18 and my last GF hated my relationship with my mum, she was saying how i would listen to anything my mum says and how annoying she was. I do listen to my mum and respect her opinion but i definitely have a mind of my own and can make decisions. However she didnt see it that way and demanded me to spend less time with my mum. so it didnt work out between us. im just wondering are most girls like this?
    No not all girls are like that, most girls actually think that it is a good thing that you have a great relationship with your mum, as it shows you have respect for women, your wife will be very lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I love when a guy is close to his mum and treats her with love and respect, I think it's a great relationship to have! if it's too much though like she influences our relationship and he's constantly on the phone to her or acts like a 2nd girlfriend it's weird. i couldn't deal with there being a 3rd person in the relationship and having to constantly battle for his attention. at some point your gf/partner has to become the number 1 woman in your life until you have a daughter, despite all your mum has done, if she is to be the mother of your children. it's just the way it works...

ReputationRep:
    As long as you had a mind of your own and you weren't her lap dog, I would be fine with it. Respecting your mother's views and treating her to meals is lovely and commendable but as long as you are your own person above that, I don't see why any girl would have a problem with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.