Turn on thread page Beta

Hi I need some advise
    I am really in love with this girl, who is also one of my closest friends. I have known her since primary school, However I did not really get to know her properly until secondary school. I have other female friends, but I do not feel the same way towards them
    She had a long term boy friend during secondary school , but now that relationship is over and she has not had a boy friend since.
    I have told her that I love her a few times when , asking her out but she said no, because she feels we have known each other to long.
    We spend a lot of time together on our own, we go out for meals together she picks out my cloths. Every one thinks we are a couple, her family are allays syaing we should go out. We really gel when we are together, our personalizes match.
    I have not asked her out in a long time, we are now both 20 single and have not had a long term relationship in years.
    Do you think I should ask her out again, or do you think she has any feelings towards me.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it,was in a similar position and thought if I didn't do anything the "what ifs" would haunt me forever.
    Went through with it and honestly best thing ever
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Don't tell her that you love her any more times - it'll probably put her off, seeing as you're not together.

Maybe ask her out again or if you get the moment lean in for a kiss. If it doesn't work take a break, otherwise you won't get over her if you have to.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it can happen, have you never seen a romcom or something?

ReputationRep:
    Don't just lean in for a kiss that's for movies not real life. If the moment feels right it might be for the wrong reasons of lonliness or desire rather than feelings. tell her you like her as more than friends... maybe leave the love out of it for now. definitely go for it. it's worth a shot.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2015
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.