Turn on thread page Beta

why do I always need a girl best friend watch

I have lots of friends, but for some reason I am depressed If I dont have that close female friend. Like the one you talk and see everyday.

for example at uni for the first month I was very sad, although I went out everyday with my flatmates had a good time. but there was an empty feeling. Then I found this girl, we instantly became best friends, we did everything together and I was happy.

however we haven't said much over the holiday, and she seems to always be angry. we haven't made plans to do anything yet. I am already feeling lonely.

every major part of my life I have always had this one very close female friend who has supported me and just enjoyed my company. I still remember my old ones, 5 of them and everything we have ever done together.

how can I get over this?
    or how can I get along with my best uni friend?

ReputationRep:
    If that's how you feel, and are, there's not much you can do about it.
    BUT I think as you get older this need for a close female friend does decrease.
    It's strongest at school and at uni, but after that it gets a little less important but you meet so many people through jobs and different social groupings.

I think you're doing the right thing now, going round with a group and not depending on your bestie, even though that doesn't make you feel completely right.
    At least you're not sitting alone in your room, so that's good.

On your close friend's anger, not much you can do except ask her how she feels, ask what happened over her holidays and suggest something you do together.
    Holidays always disrupt uni friendships a bit. That's just something that happens with everyone. Not your fault.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.