The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by uberteknik
Why do you automatically assume prejudice?

Why don't you vehemently chastise Islamic extremists and the terrorist attrocities they commit together with the threat they represent, as changing the way people react to what is a real and present danger?

Stop playing the victim, it's just so sad and very misguided.

So this little boy presents danger does he? Or is it just because he's black and Muslim and they just decided to treat him bad and not allowed a single phone call to his parents. If it was John I'm sure they'd allow him to call his parents
Original post by queen-bee
So this little boy presents danger does he? Or is it just because he's black and Muslim and they just decided to treat him bad and not allowed a single phone call to his parents. If it was John I'm sure they'd allow him to call his parents
Still you refuse to acknowledge how the Islamic terrorists are fundamentally causing the way civil liberty is systematically eroding. Ahmed is a victim of their actions more than anything.

The kid has not been harmed but it does send out a clear message to not pull stupid schoolboy pranks by bringing a 'stereotypical' idea of a suitcase bomb into a public arena. Ahmed has not done so badly with invitations from Presidents and no doubt a soon to be publicised scholarship to MIT.
Still you refuse to acknowledge how the Islamic terrorists are fundamentally causing the way civil liberty is systematically eroding. Ahmed is a victim of their actions more than anything.

The kid has not been harmed but it does send out a clear message to not pull stupid schoolboy pranks by bringing a 'stereotypical' idea of a suitcase bomb into a public arena. Ahmed has not done so badly with invitations from Presidents and no doubt a soon to be publicised scholarship to MIT.

Schoolboy pranks?! He had good intentions. Do you think he woke up and set let me take this bomb looking device into school so I can receive media attention? He wanted to show t to his teacher. Stop making him out to be a criminal just because he happens to be an ethnic minority kid
Schoolboy pranks?! He had good intentions. Do you think he woke up and set let me take this bomb looking device into school so I can receive media attention? He wanted to show t to his teacher. Stop making him out to be a criminal just because he happens to be an ethnic minority kid

Lets give him the benefit of the doubt, an apology from the President and the money his family receive from the international media coverage.

So let's get back to the real issue of Islamic extremism. Would you not say they are as much to blame as the endemic racial prejudice in the US?

Oh my.. >.< I'm not sure if I should be laughing rn. :rofl: Whaa..I'm just pretty speechless tbh. Thanks ever so much for sharing that, it was a mind blowing read and also v interesting. ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't say I'm shocked. The way the SJW crusaders and the media have jumped on this, you might as well think he invented a cold fusion reactor.
Original post by Fango_Jett
Can't say I'm shocked. The way the SJW crusaders and the media have jumped on this, you might as well think he invented a cold fusion reactor.

He is definitely MIT material with this amazing invention.

Precisely, the article refers to his video interview in which he stated he did not want to appear 'suspicious' so he tied the case with wire. This immediately raises the suspicion that he knew what he was doing by taking the clock into school. His alibi was already prepared in case it was 'mistaken' for a bomb.

Innocent my ass.

Very telling that Queen Bee choses to ignore my direct questions re Islamic extremism. Closet Daesh sympathiser methinks.
Precisely, the article refers to his video interview in which he stated he did not want to appear 'suspicious' so he tied the case with wire. This immediately raises the suspicion that he knew what he was doing by taking the clock into school. His alibi was already prepared in case it was 'mistaken' for a bomb.

Innocent my ass.

Very telling that Queen Bee choses to ignore my direct questions re Islamic extremism. Closet Daesh sympathiser methinks.

As soon as you have proved her wrong she just stops replying to you. She has done it a few times in this thread.
Original post by DiddyDec
He is definitely MIT material with this amazing invention.

Truly. We might as well have all personally stolen his 3 Nobel Prizes from his cold dead hands with chants of "White power!" from our American flag draped pickup truck (Donald Trump sticker included) if we follow the crusader's lines of reasoning.
Original post by gijops
Really? do you need to be reminded of all the horrific deaths from the hands of Muslim terrorists?

Now I'm not saying that all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims, and they've made a REALLY bad track record for themselves over the past hundred years so It's better to be safe than sorry

You do know Islam isn't the only religion to be used in the name of terrorism? Religion doesn't even have to be a factor in an act of terrorism, it's basic definition is an act of violence committed with a political motive. Guy Fawkes is one example of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There isn't really any difference between a digital clock circuit and a terrorist bomb timer.

e.g. The IRA bomb that nearly killed Margaret Thatcher in Brighton was triggered by a clock circuit out of a VCR
Original post by Namandi
LOL. There's already a thread about this.

Why is it disgusting that it was mistaken for a bomb?

USA doesn't mess around with security. That is common knowledge.

Once they suspect something could be a threat, they act accordingly.

Even if it is something as small as a pencil case or in this case, a handmade clock, they act accordingly.

Are they paranoid? Perhaps

Would they rather be paranoid than have parents mourning the lives of their children? Definitely

I suppose the accusation is that, if the boy hadn't been Muslim, it wouldn't have even occurred to them that it might be a bomb.

American society has come to associate Muslims with bombs despite the fact that in reality, it is Americans that use bombs against Muslims and Muslim countries far more frequently than vice-versa.
Again why wasn't the school evacuated. If it was a suspected bomb they should have followed correct procedures instead of doing their own thing

While I don't agree on your over-heroifying of the boy, this is a good point. If he has a bomb...then more action should've been taken than just, *deep authoritarian voice* "give me that, son. And come with me." There should've been armed soldiers jumping out of helicopters and white people running left and right with their heads on fire.
Original post by Sweet n Sour
While I don't agree on your over-heroifying of the boy, this is a good point. If he has a bomb...then more action should've been taken than just, *deep authoritarian voice* "give me that, son. And come with me." There should've been armed soldiers jumping out of helicopters and white people running left and right with their heads on fire.

Because they never thought it was a bomb. That was why he was being charged with making a hoax bomb.
Original post by DiddyDec
Because they never thought it was a bomb. That was why he was being charged with making a hoax bomb.

Please don't twist words. The first news of this said they thought he had an actual bomb. It became "hoax bomb" in recent days...

when they realised it wasn't a bomb.

He was never charged for having a hoax bomb. They legit thought it was a bomb.
Original post by phoenixsilver
The whole scare mistake thing is justifiable considering it may have looked suspicious.

However it is abhorrent that the school is still suspending him after finding out he is innocent and it was simply a clock!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes anyone who has seen a picture of the clock would probably think it was most likely a bomb after first seeing the picture.

I assume he has been suspended because of his bad behaviour the teacher asked for it and said no if the student had given it to the teacher and explained it all to them then the Police wouldn't have had to come and arrest him.I would say that the Police really could charge him for wasting Police time as his disobedient actions lead to their time being wasted.

The boy should have obeyed the teacher, you should always obey your teacher unless it is something absolutely ridiculous and illegal(like if the teacher asked them to perform sex or something) and the boy didn't so he should be punished and the clock being in the classroom wasn't authorised by the teacher to be in the classroom the boy should have been focusing on the class he was doing instead of bringing in a clock.
Please don't twist words. The first news of this said they thought he had an actual bomb. It became "hoax bomb" in recent days...

More information about the case was released as time went on. That is how all these news reports work. They take what little information they have then try and fill in what they assume to be the blanks.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Teen-Arrested-for-Hoax-Bomb-Wont-Return-to-MacArthur-High-328129461.html

"Teen arrested for hoax bomb"

I'm not twisting any words, in fact how about you hear them from Ahmed.

[video="youtube;3mW4w0Y1OXE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mW4w0Y1OXE[/video]

So yes has was being charged for making a hoax bomb.

Exactly my point

Latest