The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Get a life and stop hating on Muslims

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

'Hating on Muslims.' Yeah, because that's exactly what I did... Moron.

Innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean you can't get arrested on suspicion of committing an offence. If it didn't turn out to be a bomb, then there's no harm done. The kid leaves with a spotless criminal record.
Original post by n09
Christ if you're that scared of electronics because of the possibility it could be a bomb i'd hate to see you in a car.

If you think his 'clock' looks like something most people would think of when they imagine a clock then go on Amazon right now and find me a clock that looks similar so that I can purchase for my bedside table.
Original post by Hydeman
'Hating on Muslims.' Yeah, because that's exactly what I did... Moron.

Innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean you can't get arrested on suspicion of committing an offence. If it didn't turn out to be a bomb, then there's no harm done. The kid leaves with a spotless criminal record.

No he's scarred for life,congrats
I smell racial profiling

You could be smelling all kinds of ****.

However as many had said there is a first time for everything and we should be diligent in these modern times of terrorism.
Were you arrested?

No.
Reply 105
Original post by Wilfred Little
If you think his 'clock' looks like something most people would think of when they imagine a clock then go on Amazon right now and find me a clock that looks similar so that I can purchase for my bedside table.

What are you talking about man, read my post again, i said nothing about a clock.

Have you got any evidence to support that?
Original post by DiddyDec
You could be smelling all kinds of ****.

However as many had said there is a first time for everything and we should be diligent in these modern times of terrorism.

Okay,in that case... Why don't we have metal detectors and heavy security in schools by now,given that a certain demographic are known to be shooting ip schools on a regular basis
Original post by DiddyDec
Have you got any evidence to support that?

Are you okay in the head?

Ofcourse he's going to remember this experience. He's only 14. I would be shaking if I was told I'm being arrested after a stupid teacher decided to mistaken a clock for a bomb
Reply 109
continued....

June 11, 2003 Davidka Square bus bombing. 17 dead ~100 injured.

August 5, 2003 2003 Marriott Hotel bombing in Mega Kuningan, South Jakarta, Indonesia; suicide bomber detonated a car bomb outside the JW Marriott Jakartalobby, killing 12 and injuring 150.

August 19, 2003 Shmuel HaNavi bus bombing. 24 dead 130+ injured.

August 25, 2003 Twin car bombings killed 54, and injured 244 people in Mumbai.

September 9, 2003 Tzrifin bus stop attack. 9 dead 15 injured.

September 9, 2003 Café Hillel bombing. 7 dead 50+ injured.

October 4, 2003 The Maxim restaurant suicide bombing was a suicide bombing in the beachfront "Maxim" restaurant in Haifa, Israel. 21 people were killed in the attack and 51 were injured. Among the victims were two families and four children, including a two-month-old baby.

November 8, 2003 A suicide truck bomb detonated outside a housing compound in Laban Valley, west of Riyadh, killing 17 and wounding 122.

November 15–20, 2003 2003 Istanbul bombings, killed 57 people and wounded 700.

January 10, 2004 2004 Palopo cafe bombing An IED underneath a table, killing 4 and wounding 3.

January 14, 2004 2004 Erez Crossing bombing. killed 4 injured 10.

January 29, 2004 Gaza Street bus bombing. killed 11 injured 50+.

February 6, 2004 The February 2004 Moscow Metro bombing. 41 killed up to 120 injured.

February 22, 2004 Liberty Bell Park bus bombing. killed 8 injured 60.

February 27, 2004 The sinking of SuperFerry 14 by Abu Sayyaf terrorists results in the deaths of 116 people.

March 9, 2004 March 9, 2004 attack on Istanbul restaurant Two Islamic militants open fire and detonate pipe bombs, killing one and wounding 5 others. One attacker was killed and the other was seriously injured.

March 11, 2004 Madrid train bombings, killed 191 people and wounded 1,800.[18][19]

March 14, 2004 2004 Ashdod Port bombings. 10 dead 16 wounded.

April 21, 2004 A car bomb explodes outside a building originally used by the Saudi police, killing 5 and wounding 148.

May 1, 2004 2004 Yanbu attack At least four militants stormed the offices of Texas-based ABB Lummus in Yanbu' al Bahr, Saudi Arabia, killing 7.

May 22, 2004 A German national was shot to death while waiting at an ATM in Riyadh.

May 29–30, 2004 2004 Khobar massacre Four Al Qaeda-linked militants attacked two oil industry installations and a residential compound in Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia, killing 22 and injuring 25.

June 6, 2004 BBC journalist Simon Cumbers and correspondent Frank Gardner were attacked by Al Qaeda sympathizers while filming an Al Qaeda safehouse in Al-Suwaidi, Riyadh. Cumbers was killed, while Gardner was seriously injured.

June 8, 2004 An American employee of Vinnell Corp. was killed in Riyadh.

June 13, 2004 An American national was gunned down in Riyadh. Elsewhere in the city, another American, Paul Marshall Johnson, was kidnapped at a fake police checkpoint. He was later beheaded on June 18.

July 28, 2004 The 2004 Baqubah bombing on police volunteers killing 68 injuring dozens.

August 1, 2004 The 2004 Iraq churches attacks killing at least 12 people and wounding 71+.

August 3, 2004 An Irish national was shot and killed in Riyadh.

August 21, 2004 The 2004 Dhaka grenade attack was carried out by members of Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami against an anti-terrorism rally, killing 24 and injuring over 300.

August 31, 2004 The August 2004 Moscow Metro bombing. 10 killed 50 injured.

August 31, 2004 Beersheba bus bombings. 16 killed 100+ injured.

September 1, 2004 Beslan school hostage crisis, approximately 344 civilians including 186 children killed.[20][21]

September 9, 2004 2004 Australian Embassy bombing in Jakarta, Indonesia; suicide bomber exploded a one-ton car bomb, which was packed into a smallDaihatsu delivery van, outside the Australian embassy at Kuningan District, South Jakarta killing 9 and injuring over 150.

September 15, 2004 A British national working for the Marconi Company was shot to death in his car in Riyadh.

September 26, 2004 A French national was shot to death inside his car in Jeddah.

October 7, 2004 The 2004 Sinai bombings targeting tourist hotels in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula killed 34 and wounded 171.

November 2, 2004 The murder of Theo van Gogh by Amsterdam-born jihadist Mohammed Bouyeri.[22]

November 13, 2004 2004 Poso bus bombing An IED targeting a bus travelling to the majority Christian village of Silancak kills 6 and wounds 3.

December 6, 2004 Five militants attacked the American consulate in Jeddah, killing 9 and wounding about 10. Three attackers were killed by Saudi security forces, who wounded and arrested the other two.

December 29, 2004 Two car bombs explode outside the Saudi Interior Ministry and the Special Emergency Force training center in Riyadh, killing one civilian and wounding several others.

January 13, 2005 Karni border crossing attack. 6 killed 4 injured.

February 14, 2005 Assassination of Rafic Hariri The former Prime Minister of Lebanon, Rafic Hariri, was among 22 people killed when 1,000 kg of TNT exploded near his motorcade in Beirut.

February 25, 2005 Stage Club bombing. 5 killed 50+ injured.

May 28, 2005 The 2005 Tentena market bombings in Indonesia kill 22 and wound about 90.

July 5, 2005 Attack on the Hindu Ram temple in Ayodhya, India. 6 dead.

July 7, 2005 Multiple bombings in London Underground. 53 killed by four suicide bombers. Nearly 700 injured.

July 12, 2005 12 July 2005 HaSharon Mall suicide bombing. 5 killed 90+ injured.

July 23, 2005 Bomb attacks at Sharm el-Sheikh, an Egyptian resort city, at least 64 people killed.

August 17, 2005 The 2005 Bangladesh bombings, carried out by Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh, kill 2 civilians and wound 50 others.

October 1, 2005 2005 Bali bombings in Jimbaran & Kuta, Bali, Indonesia; a series of bombings kills at least 20 and injures over 100.

October 26, 2005 Hadera Market bombing. 7 killed 55 injured.

October 29, 2005 2005 Delhi bombings, India. Over 60 killed and over 180 injured in a series of three attacks in crowded markets and a bus.[23]

October 30, 2005 Muslim militants on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi behead three Christian girls.

November 9, 2005 2005 Amman bombings. a series of coordinated suicide attacks on hotels in Amman, Jordan. Over 60 killed and 115 injured.[24][25] Four attackers including a husband and wife team were involved.[26]

December 5, 2005 5 December 2005 HaSharon Mall suicide bombing. 5 dead 40+ injured.

December 31, 2005 A nail bomb explodes in a butcher's shop frequented by Christians in Palu, Indonesia, killing 8 and wounding 53.

March 2, 2006 A suicide car bomb exploded outside the Marriott Hotel, about 20 yards away from the U.S. consulate in Karachi. 4 killed and 30 injured.

March 7, 2006 A series of bombings occurred across the Hindu holy city of Varanasi killing at least 28 people and injuring 101 others.

May 30, 2006 Kedumim bombing. 4 dead.

April 17, 2006 2006 Tel Aviv shawarma restaurant bombing. 11 killed 70 injured.

April 24, 2006 2006 Dahab bombings. 23 killed ~80 injured.

April 30, 2006 2006 Doda massacre: Thirty-five Hindus killed by terrorists in Doda district in Jammu and Kashmir.

July 11, 2006 2006 Mumbai train bombings: Seven bomb blasts over a period of 11 minutes on the Suburban Railway in Mumbai. 209 killed and over 700 injured.[27]

September 15, 2006 The September 15, 2006 Yemen attacks were two attempted bombings of oil facilities in Yemen. 5 dead (4 attackers).

January 29, 2007 Eilat bakery bombing. 3 killed.

April 18, 2007 The Zirve Publishing House massacre. Three employees of the Bible publishing house were attacked, tortured and murdered by five Muslim assailants.

May 13, 2007 Jaipur bombings. 80 dead 216 injured.

June 30, 2007 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack, 5 injured.

July 10, 2007 July 11, 2007 2007 Basilan beheading incident by Moro Islamic Liberation Front 14 dead 9 wounded.

August 14, 2007 Qahtaniya bombings. Four suicide vehicle bombings in two predominantly Yazidi towns in northern Iraq. 796 killed, 1,562 wounded.[28]

Reply 110
and finally,

February 4, 2008 2008 Dimona suicide bombing. 1 killed 9 injured.

July 26, 2008 2008 Ahmedabad bombings. 56 dead, over 200 injured.[29][30]

September 13, 2008 Bombing series in Delhi, India. Pakistani extremist groups plant bombs at several places including India Gate, out of which the ones at Karol Bagh, Connaught Place and Greater Kailash explode leaving around 30 people dead and 130 injured, followed by another attack two weeks later at the congested Mehrauli area, leaving 3 people dead.

September 20, 2008 Islamabad Marriott Hotel bombing: A dump truck filled with explosives detonated outside the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, killing at least 54, including 2 American servicemen.

September 27, 2008 27 September 2008 Delhi blast: An explosion in Mehrauli's Electronic market called Sarai, killed 3 and injured 23 others.

October 2008 January 2009 2008 attacks on Christians in Mosul. 40+ dead.

November 26, 2008 Muslim extremists kill at least 166 people and wound numerous others in a series of coordinated attacks on India's financial capital, Mumbai. The government of India blamed Pakistan based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba and stated that the terrorists killed/caught were citizens of Pakistan, a claim which the Pakistani government first refused but then accepted when given proof. Ajmal Kasab, one of the terrorists, was caught alive.[31][32]

June 1, 2009 2009 Little Rock recruiting office shooting by Abdulhakim Muhajid Muhammad. 1 killed and 1 injured

June 18, 2009 2009 Beledweyne bombing by Al-Shabaab. 35 dead.

July 17, 2009 2009 Marriott and Ritz-Carlton Hotels bombing in Mega Kuningan, South Jakarta, Indonesia; suicide bombers hit the Marriott and 5 minutes later the Ritz-Carlton. 9 killed and 53 injured

November 5, 2009 Fort Hood shooting, at Fort Hood near Killeen, Texas. 13 dead, 33 injured.

Original post by Hydeman
Yes, because terrorists obviously give a f*ck about how old somebody is before they strap them with a bomb.

My comment was more about how he was arrested and handcuffed at school.
Original post by gijops
Yea but there's one reason that none of those other faiths are known so notoriously for it, It's because those other faiths make up peanuts of the total terrorism in the world... I mean honestly, I can't have 3 weeks go by before I hear a new case of Muslims doing something crazy like a shooting spree, mass kidnapping and rape. and this has been happening since before I was born.

That's funny - Your data must be skewed because even the FBI have commented that acts of terrorism perpertrated by non-muslims in America, outweigh those done by Muslims.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-muslims-carried-out-more-than-90-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619

This goes up to 2005 ^ But if you're about to claim that it just Muslims committing terrorist acts went up exponentially then I hope you have the evidence for it.

Oh, really? And what's the evidence for that? Provide some and I'll concede the point of 'he's scarred for life.'

It's funny, really, because what you're really doing is asking for special treatment. You want the boy to be less liable to be arrested than a non-Muslim kid who came to school with ticking and beeping noises coming from his bag. In a lot of American schools since 9/11, they don't even allow bags, preferring to provide lockers (which also get checked out regularly). Bet you didn't know this, in your hurry to spout some blind pro-Muslim bull****.

Get your priorities right: the lives of hundreds of people are worth more than the feelings of any one kid or his family. You don't get to demand that we cease to be vigilant so you don't have to go through the emotional trauma of not being arrested when you behave suspiciously.

'Scarred for life.' Pah. I doubt he'll even remember this two years from now.
Okay,in that case... Why don't we have metal detectors and heavy security in schools by now,given that a certain demographic are known to be shooting ip schools on a regular basis

I'm pretty sure many American schools do have metal detectors. We even have them in the UK to stop knife crime in schools.

Ofcourse he's going to remember this experience. He's only 14. I would be shaking if I was told I'm being arrested after a stupid teacher decided to mistaken a clock for a bomb

Shaken up I can understand, but scarred for life is a massive overstatement.

He will remember it, but you said scarred for life. ftr I got arrested a few times before I was 14 and I've been nicked for something I didn't do as well, not a single **** was given.
Original post by jedanselemyia
My comment was more about how he was arrested and handcuffed at school.

Fair enough, but arguing that we should let people off just because they look innocent or because they're minors is not going to go unnoticed. :tongue:
Ah so America's security system is so tight they can justify arresting a Muslim 14 year old for making a clock, but apparently having a gun is still seen as right for all citizens. Hmm.

They do in the US in worse off districts. My school in South Bronx had metal detectors and police officers to hand screen everyone coming through.

Latest

Trending

Trending