The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
I'm pretty sure many American schools do have metal detectors. We even have them in the UK to stop knife crime in schools.

I'm sure they do. It's time we did something about gun violence in American schools. Enough is enough. Dylan roof should have been a wake up call
Original post by Fango_Jett
They do in the US in worse off districts. My school in South Bronx had metal detectors and police officers to hand screen everyone coming through.

Only in some schools.its not good enough
Original post by gijops
x

Can you please stop spamming this thread with your nonsense. Not all terrorists are Muslims, that is a fact.
Original post by queen-bee
Are you okay in the head?

Ofcourse he's going to remember this experience. He's only 14. I would be shaking if I was told I'm being arrested after a stupid teacher decided to mistaken a clock for a bomb

Because everybody clearly must have the same reaction as you in any given situation. Get over yourself. You're more than likely just making up this 'I would be shaking' bull**** to justify your idiotic view.
Social media says #IStandWithAhmed after the schoolboy was arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

Apparently the clock was mistaken for a bomb. This is just disgusting.
Islamophobia worsening every day.Arresting a 14-year-old Muslim boy who under any other name would be considered a genius.#IStandWithAhmed

Grow up, it probably was a bomb.

#IDon'tStandWithAhmed
Original post by Hydeman
Oh, really? And what's the evidence for that? Provide some and I'll concede the point of 'he's scarred for life.'

It's funny, really, because what you're really doing is asking for special treatment. You want the boy to be less liable to be arrested than a non-Muslim kid who came to school with ticking and beeping noises coming from his bag. In a lot of American schools since 9/11, they don't even allow bags, preferring to provide lockers (which also get checked out regularly). Bet you didn't know this, in your hurry to spout some blind pro-Muslim bull****.

Get your priorities right: the lives of hundreds of people are worth more than the feelings of any one kid or his family. You don't get to demand that we cease to be vigilant so you don't have to go through the emotional trauma of not being arrested when you behave suspiciously.

'Scarred for life.' Pah. I doubt he'll even remember this two years from now.

Look how stupid you sound trying to justify this BS. Maybe go do something about the school shooting that happen every so often. And ask what security measures should we be putting in place to prevent it from happening again. Instead of picking on innocent kids who are geniuses. I want everybody to be treated equally and not stereotyped because they are a certain race or follow a religion
I'm sure they do. It's time we did something about gun violence in American schools. Enough is enough. Dylan roof should have been a wake up call

Do what exactly?

Because you can't take away their guns because they will not give them up without a fight.
Original post by Hydeman
Fair enough, but arguing that we should let people off just because they look innocent or because they're minors is not going to go unnoticed. :tongue:

I wasn't saying that, I'm well aware that Boko Haram have put bombs on small children to blow them up.
I just hope that Ahmed copes with it and I understand why people would think it was linked to the fact that he's black and Muslim.
Original post by Hydeman
Because everybody clearly must have the same reaction as you in any given situation. Get over yourself. You're more than likely just making up this 'I would be shaking' bull**** to justify your idiotic view.

Yeah because everybody would have been like you and not given a ****,right? Hush now
Look how stupid you sound trying to justify this BS. Maybe go do something about the school shooting that happen every so often. And ask what security measures should we be putting in place to prevent it from happening again. Instead of picking on innocent kids who are geniuses. I want everybody to be treated equally and not stereotyped because they are a certain race or follow a religion

Does that matter?
Original post by jedanselemyia
I wasn't saying that, I'm well aware that Boko Haram have put bombs on small children to blow them up.
I just hope that Ahmed copes with it and I understand why people would think it was linked to the fact that he's black and Muslim.

Say it louder? Because he was black and he is a Muslim. It's just sad
Only in some schools.its not good enough

They're in almost any district with a high homicide and violent crime rate. Irving, Texas is not one of them.
Original post by judogainz
Does that matter?

Yes it does. I hope they give him a scholarship to MIT one day or some other Ivy League uni
Yes it does. I hope they give him a scholarship to MIT one day or some other Ivy League uni

Why does it matter?
Look how stupid you sound trying to justify this BS. Maybe go do something about the school shooting that happen every so often. And ask what security measures should we be putting in place to prevent it from happening again. Instead of picking on innocent kids who are geniuses.

Ah, when a Muslim calls somebody else 'stupid.' Very amusing indeed.

This argument doesn't stack up either: trying to deflect blame and saying 'oh but look at the school shootings! what about them, huh?' is a fallacy.

'Innocent kids who are geniuses.' The boy was behaving suspiciously. Plain and simple. You're the one turning this into something about religion and asking that he be excused because he's sensitive to being called a terrorist.

I want everybody to be treated equally and not stereotyped because they are a certain race or follow a religion

Everyone except Muslims, whose feelings must take precedence over the safety of non-Muslims. Equality my ass.
Original post by DiddyDec
Do what exactly?

Because you can't take away their guns because they will not give them up without a fight.

You tell me,seeing as we should be cautious of everybody nowadays since 9/11. Let's start with the schools

Just because he built a clock following instructions on the internet?

If this is our standard for excellence, good thing you aren't running admissions.
Cant be bothered to jump on this stupid hashtag bandwagon.
Yeah because everybody would have been like you and not given a ****,right? Hush now

I'm not saying that they would. Wonderful logic you've got. Here's how your thought process probably went before you typed out this nonsensical reply:

'Oh ****, he's pointed out a mistake in my argument! But I don't wanna be wrong! Wrong bad! Right good! Quick, let's turn this on him and accuse him of claiming that everyone's reaction would be the same as his, despite having made the same bull**** argument myself.'

Retard.
Social media says #IStandWithAhmed after the schoolboy was arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

Apparently the clock was mistaken for a bomb. This is just disgusting.
Islamophobia worsening every day.Arresting a 14-year-old Muslim boy who under any other name would be considered a genius.#IStandWithAhmed

I don't understand why this is disgusting; this story is such a non-issue. Okay, so 1 Muslim kid gets searched, detained and released having come to the conclusion that there was in fact no bomb present - so what? This is comparable to the police response in whole 'swatting' phenomenon; you can't simply ignore the threat regardless of how credible it is. I would rather spend a day explaining to the press why a Muslim kid was detained than spend several days collecting bits of teenager out of a bombcrater with a shovel and having to explain to their parents why there was no police response.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest