Turn on thread page Beta

Wanting to show love by orchestrating what we eat as a couple. Weird? watch

Announcements

I;m obsessive and quite intense, I'm into nutrition and cooking, I'd like to have a big influence over what my partner eats, obviously not what she doesn't like, but in order for her to feel great about her body, mood, sex drives etc, I think I'm clever with nutrition and know how to make some one thin, yet strong, with a high sex drive, all the right balances, and feeling really balanced, happy and calm. So, what I want to know is, I don't see it as a power trip, I'd just sort of like to do it to show her my imagination and also show her I care and make her feel great. Is this a good thing to do or is it too much?

ReputationRep:
    No, this sounds very controlling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by LiquidGold)
    No, this sounds very controlling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok, well it wouldn;t be that precise, just what I cook for myself and have noted works way better in terms of all round nutrition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I;m obsessive and quite intense, I'm into nutrition and cooking, I'd like to have a big influence over what my partner eats, obviously not what she doesn't like, but in order for her to feel great about her body, mood, sex drives etc, I think I'm clever with nutrition and know how to make some one thin, yet strong, with a high sex drive, all the right balances, and feeling really balanced, happy and calm. So, what I want to know is, I don't see it as a power trip, I'd just sort of like to do it to show her my imagination and also show her I care and make her feel great. Is this a good thing to do or is it too much?
    Most females will tell you that changing your girlfriends behavior is symptomatic of patriarchal control however i actually think it's a great idea. Until she expresses a desire that you stop, i'd just do it.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a good thing. It's not controlling unless you're forcing her.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Caring for her is fine, telling her what she can and can't eat and driving yourself mad over it is not. Also bear in mind that what works well for one person nutritionally may not work well for another, we all tolerate and process foods differently to one another.

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Caring for her is fine, telling her what she can and can't eat and driving yourself mad over it is not. Also bear in mind that what works well for one person nutritionally may not work well for another, we all tolerate and process foods differently to one another.
    Oh, maybe I gave the wrong impression in the OP. I wouldn't care enough to drive myself mad over it, I just like detail, I mean I'm not really remotely controlling or authoritarian. But I would like to calculate diet a lot, not by counting but I have systems, and I reckon I could help her manage weight, moods and sex drive perfectly. I've learnt a lot about my own aforementioned through diet. I also think a lot of casual eating occurs while alone so it's easier to be very healthy in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds terrifying and would only be okay if she asked for it.. which no one would :') I understand it's frustrating when you are passionate about something and your partner doesn't join in but you can't expect anyone to want that xD

Ok damn now I made myself sound like a control freak-it's more like-I can cook great meals that I think will have great effects on her moods, which will then enhance her feelings for me, and her desires.

ReputationRep:
    Ok damn now I made myself sound like a control freak-it's more like-I can cook great meals that I think will have great effects on her moods, which will then enhance her feelings for me, and her desires.
    I honestly think it depends on the girl. How much would it bother you if she decided to not go through with it? Would you feel the need to push it on her/get really irritated? I would only think it was acceptable if she was truly up for it, and wasn't just saying it to please you etc. Although it does sound a bit strange tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Ok damn now I made myself sound like a control freak-it's more like-I can cook great meals
    You should stop here

that I think will have great effects on her moods, which will then enhance her feelings for me, and her desires.
    This is the bit making it sound weird.

(Original post by Drewski)
    You should stop here

This is the bit making it sound weird.
    Well, I mean ther'es nutritional secrets to sex and all. So if you cook something that makes her dead horny, it just enhances her lust for you.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I mean ther'es nutritional secrets to sex and all. So if you cook something that makes her dead horny, it just enhances her lust for you.
    You're really not helping yourself...

...and this definitely isn't showing love.

(Original post by alicia_x)
    I honestly think it depends on the girl. How much would it bother you if she decided to not go through with it? Would you feel the need to push it on her/get really irritated? I would only think it was acceptable if she was truly up for it, and wasn't just saying it to please you etc. Although it does sound a bit strange tbh.
    It wouldn't bother me at all.

ReputationRep:
    Even with the good intentions it is frustrating if you get told what you can and can't eat. It would piss me off being controlled like that.

Make sure she's happy with it first.

I think people misinterpreted how controlling I am.

ReputationRep:
    and I reckon I could help her manage weight, moods and sex drive perfectly.
    Unless she asks you for help doing this, consider her a fully competent person who can do this for herself without your help or input.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
    Even with the good intentions it is frustrating if you get told what you can and can't eat. It would piss me off being controlled like that.

Make sure she's happy with it first.
    What if trans?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 17, 2015
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.