Turn on thread page Beta

If Islamic State took over the UK would you stay? watch

ReputationRep:
    Would you stay in the UK or would you leave for somewhere else? Where would you go? Whose responsibility should it be to take 60million British people that decide that they don't want to stay in their own country any more?

Also if you had been involved in terrorist activities to try and bring down the IS government eg if some ex British squaddies carried out assassinations of leading IS figures and set up a freedom movement, should they and those that support them be banned from seeking asylum elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    Lol if ISIS did take over the UK (which is unlikely) I don't think they'll let anyone leave tbh.

ReputationRep:
    By Islamic state are you referring to the militant force or the the religion of Islam?

ReputationRep:
    Well we know the left wingers would stay, that is their ideal scenario. They have come out to support Islamic terror affiliates on multiple occasions.

I myself would join the resistance to fight those evil beings and send them back where they belong in hell, I guess I would be forced to fight the left wingers too since they will side with the enemy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Would you stay in the UK or would you leave for somewhere else? Where would you go? Whose responsibility should it be to take 60million British people that decide that they don't want to stay in their own country any more?

Also if you had been involved in terrorist activities to try and bring down the IS government eg if some ex British squaddies carried out assassinations of leading IS figures and set up a freedom movement, should they and those that support them be banned from seeking asylum elsewhere?
    Would you Magic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Lol if ISIS did take over the UK (which is unlikely) I don't think they'll let anyone leave tbh.
    We already have extremists and terrorists walking our streets and the governments of Tories and Labour have done nothing to tackle it so don't think so soon.

ReputationRep:
    I'd leave. Head on over to the US (I'm a citizen there too!)

ReputationRep:

I don't think that's gonna happen... I mean it might get to the stage where Islam has spread like a cancer to the breaking point, but remember, the British empire conquered almost every Muslim country in the World, so without a doubt England can stop them... It's just a matter of when the politicians will wake up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    Well we know the left wingers would stay, that is their ideal scenario. They have come out to support Islamic terror affiliates on multiple occasions.

I myself would join the resistance to fight those evil beings and send them back where they belong in hell, I guess I would be forced to fight the left wingers too since they will side with the enemy.
    Yes, because left wingers support the IS...

Do you morons even read what you write sometimes? Or do you just not care about looking like an utter idiot?

ReputationRep:
    I would fight to the death to defend my country. Not run away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    Yes, because left wingers support the IS...

Do you morons even read what you write sometimes? Or do you just not care about looking like an utter idiot?
    I look at what key left wing figures say like Natalie Bennett (membership of terror groups should not be made illegal), George Galloway (Islamic extremists have a right to believe what they want regardless of the consequences), John McDonnell (the IRA affiliates should be commended for their actions), will self (radicals in the UK are victims of islamophobia). There are thousands more people like this all of which you people support. Then you have organisations like the NUS who fail to recognise ISIS as a terror organisation. The left and their relationship with Islamic terror is scary and somewhat strange.

Also one does not have to look far to see what friendships left wingers have which range from members of Hamas, the Taliban, Boko Haram, the IRA, and on and on it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    I would fight to the death to defend my country. Not run away.
    Would you fight the left wing traitors who stand in support for terror?

ReputationRep:
    Realistically, I'd just want to leave. But to be honest, we're not fighting for our beliefs if we run away from the problem and eventually it would just catch up with us wherever we run to.

ReputationRep:
    We already have extremists and terrorists walking our streets and the governments of Tories and Labour have done nothing to tackle it so don't think so soon.
    I doubt anything along the scale of Isis taking over is going to happen so chill

ReputationRep:
    There are thousands more people like this all of which you people support.
    There is just no room for discussion when you make such slanderous, and erroneous, assumptions/accusations about "you people".

Picking out 2/3 sometimes nuanced/sometimes vague comments, invariably out of context, which are not remotely in support of IS, by figures you associate with the "left" and extrapolating that to say that the "left" support IS is disingenuous beyond belief and just not worth taking seriously.

Do you honestly believe that anyone on the "left" actively "supports" the IS? I don't understand how anyone can be that ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    I myself would join the resistance to fight those evil beings and send them back where they belong in hell,
    So you would be willing to make the blood sacrifices like the brothers that are going to Syria to fight Islamic State?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, the chance of this EVER happening is 0%. Im willing to bet my life, family and everything i own on it.

But regarding your question im leaving regardless. Im not liking the shift towards extreme liberalism (and dare i say soon to be a marxist state) so im leaving the ship before it sinks.

ReputationRep:

I guess I would join the resistance and presumably stand a good chance of dying in the struggle. I don't want major countries to fall to people intent on reverting the world to a medieval model. I hope I would be up to the fight.

The real danger though is that we aren't doing enough to suppress them where they are, although it is difficult, since Assad's rule of Syria wasn't a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    So you would be willing to make the blood sacrifices like the brothers that are going to Syria to fight Islamic State?
    I have upmost respect for those who fight ISIS. But if they came to the UK I would stand and fight to the death for my country.

ReputationRep:
    I have upmost respect for those who fight ISIS.
    Gears shows his true self.

Gears has "utmost respect" for President Assad and the government forces of Syria.

Gears has "utmost respect" for Shia revolutionaries, backed and armed by Iran, who want to wipe Israel off the map.

These comments are disgusting and you should apologise.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.