Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I failed a module after resitting and have been told I cant progress or repeat the year and am really concerned, because I really want to continue at Brunel.

Ive been told by the department that I can wait a year and reapply to a different course. Or I could decide to start at another uni now, but I`m not sure and wanted your opinions. If I take a year out, im planning to get a job, focus on passing my driving test and doing AS maths to help me with the degree when I restart.

Do you think it`d be better to reapply within a year or to start at another uni now? I prefer Brunel because it offers more opportunities to enhance my employability but I dont want to waste a year and find out I cant go for whatever reason. If i was to go to another uni, I only have the choice of the one close to me, Hertfordshire, its not too far and its not so bad I guess, its just I wasted money on accommodation and travel for my first year at Brunel and feel like I`d be more employable through Brunel

Any thoughts please? I need to decide asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econ1906)
    I failed a module after resitting and have been told I cant progress or repeat the year and am really concerned, because I really want to continue at Brunel.

Ive been told by the department that I can wait a year and reapply to a different course. Or I could decide to start at another uni now, but I`m not sure and wanted your opinions. If I take a year out, im planning to get a job, focus on passing my driving test and doing AS maths to help me with the degree when I restart.

Do you think it`d be better to reapply within a year or to start at another uni now? I prefer Brunel because it offers more opportunities to enhance my employability but I dont want to waste a year and find out I cant go for whatever reason. If i was to go to another uni, I only have the choice of the one close to me, Hertfordshire, its not too far and its not so bad I guess, its just I wasted money on accommodation and travel for my first year at Brunel and feel like I`d be more employable through Brunel

Any thoughts please? I need to decide asap
    If you enjoy Brunel then you might as well take the year out and then re apply. I also failed first year and my only choice was to resit it part- time. In the end I decided to change uni (I didn't enjoy the university anyway). Just think about finance etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darrantdpsexton)
    If you enjoy Brunel then you might as well take the year out and then re apply. I also failed first year and my only choice was to resit it part- time. In the end I decided to change uni (I didn't enjoy the university anyway). Just think about finance etc.
    Change Uni.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.