Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I really want to do Adult Nursing at uni! However at AS I got BCD and i'm likely to be predicted BCC at the most! I would love to go to DMU... but does anyone know if there is any point applying with such low grades? (They are asking for 280 points)

ReputationRep:
    That's around 260 points, you may get in to DMU but since they are asking for 280 and nursing is quite competitive it's less likely, but not impossible. Have a look here to see which uni's have been shortlisted: http://university.which.co.uk/search...s_bound%5D=280

To further your chances of getting in, make sure you get some care/work experience and have a good statement, and also prepare for interviews. If your heart is set on DMU and you have a feeling you will be rejected, you could always do a foundation degree in a science or health and social care to boost your chances.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at dmu at the moment studying children's nursing (just entering my final year). I recommend that you contact them and ask them for their opinion on your situation, they will most likely give you the best advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriakate50)
    Hello!
    I really want to do Adult Nursing at uni! However at AS I got BCD and i'm likely to be predicted BCC at the most! I would love to go to DMU... but does anyone know if there is any point applying with such low grades? (They are asking for 280 points)
    I got DDEU at the end of my AS year, so don't worry too much! There is still time to turn it round or maybe even switch a course? (I changed to a BTEC Diploma in science, and did the two year course in a year)

Definitely apply, but do like the other posters contact the universities you are interested in applying to, to see if they would consider you with your predicted grades, and get some experience too.

Your personal statement counts for a lot, so make sure you explain and relate your practical and academic experience well

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.