Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'll say off the bat that I'm talking about passengers you own age here, which happens for a lot of us to be young people.

I pick someone up to take them/us somewhere and the music is down low so I can greet them, discuss plans if need be, quick chit chat maybe, then when that particular conversation is over I like to whack up the music and enjoy the drive. I HATE it though when you've got Mr or Mrs Chatty sat next to you and that gap in the conversation never comes OR I turn up the music, then 10 seconds later they turn it back down and say "Oh, you never guess what happened yesterday right..." - GAH don't touch my knob!!! (double-entendre intended).

Anyone else just prefer to listen to their tunes when they drive? I'm just not into chatting when I'm driving. I can never seem to give the conversation my full attention anyway, there are all these distractions going on and when things get really busy I find myself not even listening to whatever my passenger is blabbing on about, just a lot of "hmm... yeah... yup.... oh yup... mhmm..."ing like I am listening.
    I love driving on my own, my sister is also a great passenger as she is happy to just sit and listen to the music and is also an extra pair of eyes when I could use them, when I'm parking for example. Whereas other people I regularly have as passengers just want to shoot the breeze or whinge about their problems, and I'd rather do that **** some other time when I'm in a more relaxed setting.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I like potatoes.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm on my own, I just put the radio/some music on, put the car in sport+ and have some fun.

When I'm with someone, I just put the car into comfort, make an effort to drive slower and have a chat/put something on if they're quite chilled about it.

So I'd say that I'm quite an accommodating person

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love whacking up the music with passengers and then we just shout to talk to each other if need be

ReputationRep:
    Just play some classical music and bask in the adulation for your upperclassedness.

ReputationRep:
    The only radio stations where I live are Christian rock, classical, and country - none of which really appeal to me. I have a few Cds but the car gets so hot during the day that it's not good for the cds so I don't keep many in the car. Thus I like having a nice chat with my passenger to pass the time.

ReputationRep:
    Depends who I'm with and what mood we are in really. Sometimes radio 2. Otherwise tends to be a mix CD. Usually the music will be on quietly and talked over. I have one "friend" who thinks it appropriate to mess up all the stations and only listens to part of a track before skipping forward or changing station. Drives me round the bend!

ReputationRep:
    Deffo put the Beiber on.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    The only radio stations where I live are Christian rock, classical, and country - none of which really appeal to me. I have a few Cds but the car gets so hot during the day that it's not good for the cds so I don't keep many in the car. Thus I like having a nice chat with my passenger to pass the time.
    Gotta get on that USB ting
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    I love whacking up the music with passengers and then we just shout to talk to each other if need be
    My passengers are dicks, ****ing turning my **** down whenever they wanna say something. Might see if I can disable the volume knob, still got my steering wheel controls and I think it's warranted to give them a slap if they touch my steering wheel while I'm driving :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Gotta get on that USB ting
    To connect my phone to the car? I have one, just don't know how to use it

ReputationRep:
    It depends how long the drive is, if it's like 10/15 minutes I'd probably have the music low and talk but if it's longer than 20 minutes I'd just turn it up and occasionally turn it down to talk for a bit then turn it back up when the conversation dies. It depends who I'm with

ReputationRep:
    what u listening to tho? dnt listen to my mixtape, dont wanna get arrested for arson again
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    To connect my phone to the car? I have one, just don't know how to use it
    Yeah anything's better than faffing with CDs, get to know that shiz man My music collection is on a USB stick and my radio has voice command activation, so handy for changing music when you're driving Much quicker just to change it manually at the traffic lights if you can though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by vis break)
    what u listening to tho? dnt listen to my mixtape, dont wanna get arrested for arson again
    I do listen to unsigned grime artists, you make grime doh? You on mixtape madness fam?

ReputationRep:
    I do listen to unsigned grime artists, you make grime doh? You on mixtape madness fam?
    na fam, iv just been spittin bars on the side. shottin pepsi at school is mans real hustle u get me?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    na fam, iv just been spittin bars on the side. shottin pepsi at school is mans real hustle u get me?
    YES man, yo I remember on the way to school once we teefed a massive box of Airwaves off the back of a delivery van and sold dem tings half price at school, made BARE p's yakno.

ReputationRep:
    YES man, yo I remember on the way to school once we teefed a massive box of Airwaves off the back of a delivery van and sold dem tings half price at school, made BARE p's yakno.
    rah, i remember wehn i started out in yr 7 i used to shot lollies with my main Rambo. swear we were making like £3 a day.
    Yutes nowadays dont shot like we used to fam.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    rah, i remember wehn i started out in yr 7 i used to shot lollies with my main Rambo. swear we were making like £3 a day.
    Yutes nowadays dont shot like we used to fam.
    Gotta watch out for dem snakes doe fam. I gave some complete wasteman 50p for 10 sour chews which he was supposed to bring in the next day, and he pulls out 9 sour chews and an empty wrapper! I was on some D Double E ting fam, like oh my gooooosh, bluku blukuuuuu!!! Den I done a Skepta/JME and boxed man with my front door key, WOT!!!

ReputationRep:
    Gotta watch out for dem snakes doe fam. I gave some complete wasteman 50p for 10 sour chews which he was supposed to bring in the next day, and he pulls out 9 sour chews and an empty wrapper! I was on some D Double E ting fam, like oh my gooooosh, bluku blukuuuuu!!! Den I done a Skepta/JME and boxed man with my front door key, WOT!!!
    peak, bruv, I made sure not to give out safes. "think a crack heads payin u back, sht forget it" ennih. Closest i got was when some 4'3 skinny asian yute tried robbin my can of dr pepper. rah, i wrapped him like a burrito nicely. my man rambo jooked him after aswell

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.