Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to apply for Politics and Economics this year for starting uni in 2016 but I'm really unsure about my personal statement.

Of course I know that showing a knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject you're applying for is crucial and taking up relevant work experience or volunteering opportunities can be really beneficial for your application.

I was thinking of looking into volunteering opportunities at my local MP's office however I'm not sure whether this may hinder my application rather than help it due to the political affiliation this may imply.

Has anyone applying for this course got a similar issue, or could anyone who's currently studying politics at a Scottish uni give me some advice on if this would cause a problem or be a positive addition to my personal statement??!!

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    It won't hurt your application, but you would be better off doing extra reading around the subjects to show your interest

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.