Turn on thread page Beta

Taking year out, age 19, where can I do AS maths? watch

ReputationRep:
    Im currently on a gap year from uni, aged 19 and want to do AS maths. My local college enrollment period has passed so are there any other options? Would you recommend doing an online A level course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econ1906)
    Im currently on a gap year from uni, aged 19 and want to do AS maths. My local college enrollment period has passed so are there any other options? Would you recommend doing an online A level course?
    1. Buy a distance learning package with support from E.g. NEC. Looks expensive but cheaper than a one to one tutor and if you feel you'll need some kind of tutor support to get you through then worth considering.
    Or
    2. Buy the text books, teach yourself, use examsolutions.net for help and the tsr maths forum if you want to discuss a problem. Good option if you have the basic aptitude for maths and the work ethic/motivation to drive yourself.

In either case register as a private candidate for exams through whatever local school/college will accept you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Econ1906)
    Hi,

As gdunne42 has pointed out you could study your AS with us from home and sit your exams next summer. You could even complete the full A level by next summer if you need to.

You can visit our website, www.nec.ac.uk, or ring us on 0800 389 2839 for further info.

James

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.