Turn on thread page Beta

To continue Physics or not to continue Physics. watch

ReputationRep:
    I picked A level, physics, mathematics, it and biology.Now that it's been about 1 week into my lessons I have found that Physics is incredibly hard. For GCSE i got an A in both Mathematics and Physics. Some A* students are already dropping it as well.I think that it would be too much for me as I seem to get very easily distracted from my revision no matter what. Both my AS physics teachers teach at a really fast passe and no one likes it but its the speed we need to finish it in time.Should I drop AS Physics and pickup Sociology, Economics or Phycology or just get free lessons so I can focus on other subjects?My goal is to get into a career involving computers. From software design to even scripting.What do I do???

ReputationRep:
    Can you continue it for a little while longer to see if it gets any better? I think it would be a better subject for computing than any of the ones you're considering picking up. How are you finding biology? And what made you choose it as it doesn't really fit with what you say you want to do (although there's nothing wrong with that and if you enjoy it then why not ).

I wouldn't just ignore it as you could end up with a bad grade which you would have to declare on your uni applications.

ReputationRep:
    That is the question

ReputationRep:
    Physics is much better for anything Tech related than a soft science like the others you listed. If you got an A in GCSE you should be capable of at least a B - the first few weeks can be very difficult depending on how your teachers are teaching it, and where they start, but have faith that after two years of doing the course and revision you'll be in good stead to do well

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.