Turn on thread page Beta

feel like my boyfriend is cheating on me... why are most guys such pricks?! watch

ReputationRep:
    i've been going out with this guy for about 6 months, but we have a weird relationship. we don't see each other much because we've been busy with work.

most of the time i wait for him to start texting me first, but occasionally I do start the conversation.
    recently, for about 3/4 weeks, we haven't been texting much.. he told me this month is gonna be stressful for him cos of his workload. and so I understand.. but he hasn't text me for like 2/3 weeks :/
    so i'm guessing he's obviously lost interest in me.

but a few days ago i was kinda stalking his facebook/instagram and found that he's been talking to this other girl who is also the same age as me, goes to the same uni as me, and he's been commenting on her pics etc.
    she's very pretty, which kinda makes me feel insecure.

we've had a few trust issues in the past... i lied to him about some things at the start of our relationship, but i came clean and apologised and he said he's happy to forgive me.

every time we've met up we have ended up having sex or oral sex.. so now i'm starting to feel like he used me.

i let him take my virginity. and now i can't help but feel upset, and really angry with him.

i want to talk to him about it but i don't want to text him first.. i want to see if he'll make the effort to talk to me.

i'm so confused.
    i feel so stupid.

ReputationRep:
    A relationship where you feel like this is not a healthy relationship. I was so insecure because of the actions of my ex (we saw each other infrequently because of it being a long distance relationship), it made me physically sick (anxiety caused me to be sick). Get out of that relationship. I know it's hard, but coming from somebody who has been there, get out and be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesuislorenzo)
    i've been going out with this guy for about 6 months, but we have a weird relationship. we don't see each other much because we've been busy with work.

most of the time i wait for him to start texting me first, but occasionally I do start the conversation.
    recently, for about 3/4 weeks, we haven't been texting much.. he told me this month is gonna be stressful for him cos of his workload. and so I understand.. but he hasn't text me for like 2/3 weeks :/

but a few days ago i was kinda stalking his facebook/instagram and found that he's been talking to this other girl who is also the same age as me, goes to the same uni as me, and he's been commenting on her pics etc.

we've had a few trust issues in the past... i lied to him about some things at the start of our relationship, but i came clean and apologised and he said he's happy to forgive me.

every time we've met up we have ended up having sex or oral sex.. so now i'm starting to feel like he used me.

i let him take my virginity. and now i can't help but feel upset, and really angry with him.

i want to talk to him about it but i don't want to text him first.. i want to see if he'll make the effort to talk to me.

i'm so confused.
    i feel so stupid.
    I think it's time you messaged him asking for the truth because if he has time to comment on these pictures then he would have had time to message you. Something is up and you won't be able to move on in yourself not knowing what is going on.

Either way it sounds like you can do better. Sorry this has happened to you x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can't question his integrity on the basis of a few comments/likes on social media. Everyone does that kind of thing.

ReputationRep:

i'm so confused.
    i feel so stupid.
    He's a poor emotional investment, write him off.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you want to text him first? He's probably noticed that it's almost always him who initiates texts. It's been a few weeks and you haven't texted each other, that's your fault as much as his.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    He does sound like a **** and you should chuck him I reckon, but please don't tar the entire male gender with the same brush just because of a few bad experiences with them. I've had many bad experiences with girls but I know that women aren't all childish idiots.

i'm so confused.
    i feel so stupid.
    You need to have an honest conversation with him and tell him that you don't approve of his frequent association with other women. If he doesn't comply, break up with him.

The sex part doesn't necessarily imply that he used you; it could just be a side-effect of the long distance relationship that he feels the need to have sex every time he sees you, which isn't frequent. With sex, you have to remember that you can say no. You don't have to do it every time you meet unless you both want it.

Also, virginity means next to nothing in the long run unless you're religious.

ReputationRep:

i'm so confused.
    i feel so stupid.
    I am pretty offended that you say "most guys are pricks". Because for sure I am not a prick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iFinity)
    Why don't you want to text him first? He's probably noticed that it's almost always him who initiates texts. It's been a few weeks and you haven't texted each other, that's your fault as much as his.
    the last time we talked i initiated the conversation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    I am pretty offended that you say "most guys are pricks". Because for sure I am not a prick
    sorry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    He does sound like a **** and you should chuck him I reckon, but please don't tar the entire male gender with the same brush just because of a few bad experiences with them. I've had many bad experiences with girls but I know that women aren't all childish idiots.
    I know, I said that out of anger I guess..
    I know there are many decent guys out there
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I know, I said that out of anger I guess..
    I know there are many decent guys out there
    Don't get me wrong, not saying I'm a decent guy, I'm a ****ing wrong'un

ReputationRep:
    the last time we talked i initiated the conversation
    Fair enough, but I would still recommend talking to him to straighten things out.

ReputationRep:
    i feel so stupid.
    I mean.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    I mean.......
    -____-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Don't get me wrong, not saying I'm a decent guy, I'm a ****ing wrong'un
    lol you are?

ReputationRep:

i'm so confused.
    i feel so stupid.
    I wouldn't still be in this relationship tbh. You feel like you can't even text him first?

ReputationRep:
    When you say oral do you mean mutual or you just doing him. Also you don't actually know he is cheating on you do you?

ReputationRep:
    The same reason most girls are *****es. Sweeping vocal generalisations based on personal experience.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.