Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    which one is more interesting in your personal opinion? and what is easier?

ReputationRep:
    I like both, but as I'm doing Politics at uni, I have to say that. The thing that turns me off psychology is some of the Freudian and Dream Analysis crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by breenm)
    I like both, but as I'm doing Politics at uni, I have to say that. The thing that turns me off psychology is some of the Freudian and Dream Analysis crap.
    what uni do you go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pomma)
    what uni do you go to?
    Well I'm starting at Kent on Saturday
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    And I'd have to say Psychology The Freudian 'crap' is exactly that but it's ridiculous to the extent that I find it interesting :') (Also Freud's stuff about burying stuff in the unconscious I believe is very true)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    And I'd have to say Psychology The Freudian 'crap' is exactly that but it's ridiculous to the extent that I find it interesting :') (Also Freud's stuff about burying stuff in the unconscious I believe is very true)
    Freud isn't really studied at most unis in psychology.

neither subject is inherently more interesting, its based on your own view. Its quite to compare difficulty, politics at oxford would be much harder than psychology at kent, but likewise the opposite would be true at psychology at oxford. Depends alot on where you study
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by iammichealjackson)
    Freud isn't really studied at most unis in psychology.

neither subject is inherently more interesting, its based on your own view. Its quite to compare difficulty, politics at oxford would be much harder than psychology at kent, but likewise the opposite would be true at psychology at oxford. Depends alot on where you study
    He isn't you're right. We touched on him during a Developmental Psychology lecture but that was literally it. His theories have been proved to be empircally flawed which is probably why but I find him interesting nevertheless :')

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 17, 2015

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.