Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently a psychiatric patient and thus take a lot of medications. As a result I find it difficult to concentrate and work mentally. Are there any med schools which would be more lenient with a low score, or any med schools to avoid?

ReputationRep:
    Have a look on a comparison site like unistats and check the application section of each medical school you're considering to see their policies on ukcat. Many universities don't require it, however it becomes more widely used every year, as does the bmat. Out of the 4 places I applied to last year, Bristol and Sheffield didn't require ukcat, Southampton wanted 2500 and Birmingham wanted 2800 or something. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I take meds which make me think more slowly and as a result I have a low UKCAT score. Is there any way to let the universities know about this so I can show my score was a result of extenuating circumstances?

ReputationRep:
    Does Sheffield still not require the UKCAT? I thought it played a big part in their selection process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan006)
    Have a look on a comparison site like unistats and check the application section of each medical school you're considering to see their policies on ukcat. Many universities don't require it, however it becomes more widely used every year, as does the bmat. Out of the 4 places I applied to last year, Bristol and Sheffield didn't require ukcat, Southampton wanted 2500 and Birmingham wanted 2800 or something. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sheffield do require the ukcat and have a set cut off for it.

ReputationRep:
    You probably shouldve taken the ukcatsen but the best you can do now is email unis and see what they say

ReputationRep:
    Low UKCAT scores don't matter that much! Don't worry! I only got 3200 and still got into Plymouth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1ggasinparis)
    Low UKCAT scores don't matter that much! Don't worry! I only got 3200 and still got into Plymouth!
    >only 3200
    that's like 800 on each section, you're delirious if you think those are low

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.