Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I started my dental nursing apprenticeship on monday and I have no clue what i'm doing!

Most dental nursing courses you study in college for but I'm doing all my learning on the job and have no revision given to me or no teaching on how things should be done I just stood there and watch the nurse rush round and im expected to learn.

I understand this is a way some people learn but all ive been told is I will have four exams and I have no idea what they'll be about!

So I was just wondering if anyone knows what will be on the exam and any good revision materials I could use?

Ive done A-levels (A*,B, E) so I know what exams and revision are like

ReputationRep:
    I've recently started working as a dental nurse and I found take alot of notes/pictures of set up and trays helped me revise what we had done that day and memorize it. I also purchased mosby's textbook for dental nursing (the ebook version) and I can read it from my laptop. Check which book you school will be using and see if they have the ebook version. There's also some good videos on youtube but your best learning will be with your dentist and dental nurse!

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.