Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just watching that Game changers thing about Grand Theft Auto (namely the hot coffee mod for San Andreas) and violent video games.

I can 't help wondering why people think violence in video games and the media influences violent crime. I've been playing video games quite a long time the first violent game I remember playing was double dragon on the Nes the first one I owned was. starwars dark forces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW8yk_eIHJU

I have played many shooters since then
    Farcry 1-2-3 and 4
    Crysis 2
    Bioshock 1 and Infinite
    along with other violent games like
    Street fighter
    Dead or alive
    Asassins creed
    to name a few and of course I have played GTA 1-2 Vice City, San Andreas, and 4. I bought GTA 2 at 15 but i don't go around nicking cars and engaging in gang warfare I got GTA vice city at 18 and you don't see me engaging in drugs or mob activity. My point is i haven't had any negative effects on my mental state because of playing violent video games Or because I watch violent films or listen to heavy music so why do the anti game lobby say it makes people do these thing I've played COD but I don't wan tot join the army I have played Street fighter but I don't want to fight I've seen The Departed (which I did'nt like) but I don't wanT to be a gangster) I listen to Slipknot but I don't want to "stick my fingers into my eyes."

I agree with censorship to point I wouldn't let say the 13 year old down the road play GTA but most people can tell a difference between a game and life even at 8 years old when i got Dark Forces. Murder happened before why must games be the cause now?

Any way bit of a rant but discuss

ReputationRep:
    People want to find excuses for everything so blaming video games for violence is easy. I'm sure I read something a while ago which said a study had found no link between playing violent games and committing acts of real life violence

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.