Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello:-)

I'm thinking about applying to Cardiff Met Uni for international business management in 2016 but I've never been able to visit! Could you give me some ideas as to what the university is like?

Are there many things to do (eg: gym, societies,shopping)?
    What's freshers like?
    Are the people nice?
    What's the area like?
    Is it expensive?
    Is the nightlife good?
    Are lecturers helpful?
    Do you enjoy living there?
    Are job prospects after leaving uni good?

If you could give it a mark out of 10 that would be really helpful too!
    Thankssss:-)

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea about what Cardiff met is like, but I'm from Cardiff and I can tell you it's an incredible city! It has everything you'd need, while also being so close to really lush countryside! Honestly it's a fab place. Everything is quite cheap for a city! Accommodation is half price of places like Oxford for 2nd and 3rd years! Night life is good! I honestly love living here but I'm going to move away for uni to get independence aha! But yeah I don't know much about Cardiff met sorryyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanElinor)
    I have no idea about what Cardiff met is like, but I'm from Cardiff and I can tell you it's an incredible city! It has everything you'd need, while also being so close to really lush countryside! Honestly it's a fab place. Everything is quite cheap for a city! Accommodation is half price of places like Oxford for 2nd and 3rd years! Night life is good! I honestly love living here but I'm going to move away for uni to get independence aha! But yeah I don't know much about Cardiff met sorryyy
    Thank you for your reply! I went to see Cardiff Met 2 days ago and loved it! Hopefully I get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clolouise16)
    Hello:-)

I'm thinking about applying to Cardiff Met Uni for international business management in 2016 but I've never been able to visit! Could you give me some ideas as to what the university is like?

Are there many things to do (eg: gym, societies,shopping)?
    What's freshers like?
    Are the people nice?
    What's the area like?
    Is it expensive?
    Is the nightlife good?
    Are lecturers helpful?
    Do you enjoy living there?
    Are job prospects after leaving uni good?

If you could give it a mark out of 10 that would be really helpful too!
    Thankssss:-)
    I have been at Cardiff met for the last 3 years for my undergraduate degree which was in Business & Management, and have made most of my close friends on the International Business Management course!

In terms of things to do, there is a gym at the Llandaff campus where you would be studying, but would recommend joining pure gym or easy gym because its a lot cheaper. in terms of society's, the SU provide many, mainly sport but there are others. Cardiff city center has a large shopping center where you are likely to find pretty much everything.

Freshers... it is good fun, would recommend Glam and Pryzm often hold big nights for freshers, you will get a lot of information about fresher bands and events closer to the time, but definitely worth going to, went there for 3 years straight =P

People are friendly in the most part, i am yet to come across anyone that i have had a problem with but nevertheless there is likely to be the odd person, but in general people are very welcoming.

In terms of expenses, you would expect the capital city to be relatively expensive, however Cardiff in my opinion is actually one of the cheapest cities! and many places provide student discounts!

Nightlife, depends what music you like, personally i am into house and RnB and therefore my recommendation is, Revolutions and Glam are the place to be!

Job prospects... according to data from the Higher Education Statistics Agency (Hesa) they suggests in total, 95% of Cardiff Met graduates were working or studying further six months after finishing their degree. This compares with 94.9% of last year’s Cambridge graduates and 92% of those who were at Oxford, so statistically your more likely to be in a job post 6 months of graduating than graduates from oxford or Cambridge university. Although these statistics are from 2013 it still gives an insight to your question.

i would give the uni a 8.5 out of 10, hence the reason i decided to come back to do my masters!

hope this helps, good luck! and hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.