Turn on thread page Beta

Thoughts on dating sites? watch

Announcements

I've always had a negative attitude towards dating sites.
    I'm not sure why, perhaps it's because I'm a little old fashioned and i like the idea of meeting somebody in a more traditional way and going from there.

However times have changed both for the good and the bad.
    It's harder to meet people in ways that you could a generation earlier, and now technology has taken over.
    I find myself in a situation where i feel like it's difficult for me to meet girls; should I reconsider dating sites or are they just a waste of time?

I'm not worried about how I'd fare once i got a date with a girl, it's just meeting one and taking that first step that seems difficult.
    I'm not really bothered about casual things anymore - a fair few people i know are engaged/buying a house/pregnant and i feel ready to grow up too.

So my question really is what do people think about dating sites?
    If you think they're worth a shot, which are the best?
    If you think they're a waste of time, how would you suggest meeting women in the real world?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.