Turn on thread page Beta

Got excluded from sixth form. Will this affect my Uni application? watch

Announcements

On the first day of year 13, three of us messed around on a live chat for a small London university asking stupid questions. We got blocked after swearing. The next week we did the same thing and the university e-mailed school.

The sixth form has excluded us for 5 days.

Seeing as I'm applying for medicine by October the 15th, I'm worried this will ruin my chances with medicine.

I've never been in trouble at the sixth form before and my grades, UKCAT and work experience etc. are pretty damn good.

I feel like s***.

Will this affect my chance to do medicine?

**posted here so people see it**

ReputationRep:
    All depends on what your reference from the college is like. As long as they fail to mention this incident and are positive about you, nobody will know.

Na they would rather help you so that they can use you in promotion

ReputationRep:
    It will be on your record, and university can access that but if the school don't make a point of it, you should be okay. But they may ask you about it in interview if you are unlucky, as they obviously will only want mature students and students who won't cause trouble. They won't want to risk letting someone in who hasn't emotionally matured yet as medicine takes a heck of a lot of emotionally maturity and seriousness.

Hope you have learnt you lesson and be on your best behaviour so your school says nothing!

GOOD LUCK xx

(Original post by Anonymous)
    On the first day of year 13, three of us messed around on a live chat for a small London university asking stupid questions. We got blocked after swearing. The next week we did the same thing and the university e-mailed school.

The sixth form has excluded us for 5 days.

Seeing as I'm applying for medicine by October the 15th, I'm worried this will ruin my chances with medicine.

I've never been in trouble at the sixth form before and my grades, UKCAT and work experience etc. are pretty damn good.

I feel like s***.

Will this affect my chance to do medicine?

**posted here so people see it**

ReputationRep:
    They won't even considering mentioning it. You have nothing to worry about.

I got into some very serious drug related trouble at college and they still gave me a good reference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 17, 2015
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.