Turn on thread page Beta

Got excluded from sixth form. Will this affect my Uni? watch

Announcements

On the first day of year 13, three of us messed around on a live chat for a small London university asking stupid questions. We got blocked after swearing. The next week we did the same thing and the university e-mailed school.

The sixth form has excluded us for 5 days.

Seeing as I'm applying for medicine by October the 15th, I'm worried this will ruin my chances with medicine.

I've never been in trouble at the sixth form before and my grades, UKCAT and work experience etc. are pretty damn good.

I feel like s***.

Will this affect my chance to do medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe at the unis you were trolling, lololol

ReputationRep:
    no it wont but the uni u end up going to will make u do live chat duties unlucky bud

(Original post by vis break)
    Maybe at the unis you were trolling, lololol
    (Original post by jonnypdot)
    no it wont but the uni u end up going to will make u do live chat duties unlucky bud
    I'm being serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm being serious.
    They won't put it in your reference, cuz only good things go on that.
    Idk if this is true, but I heard that if you get excluded in sxthform they put that on uni apps. ss

ReputationRep:
    You get expelled for 5 days for messing around on a live chat? Surely there must be more to the story.

(Original post by poohat)
    You get expelled for 5 days for messing around on a live chat? Surely there must be more to the story.
    There were swear words. There was (thickly) veiled racism, but not offensive. The university contacted school.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't apply to that uni...

Will the sixth form report it to my applied for unis?

You bad man!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2015
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.