Turn on thread page Beta

Very Introverted or very Extroverted watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you had to be friends with someone VERY introverted or someone VERY extroverted.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't want a silent mute for a friend.

ReputationRep:
    For a friend? I think opposites compliment each other, in my friendships anyway so as a pretty extreme introvert, I'd prefer an extrovert but it doesn't matter that much to me. Other qualities are more important. Although, in my experience with extremely extroverted people, sometimes we have too many run-ins and we're too different as people.

ReputationRep:
    Introverts aren't silent mutes. I'm quite introverted and I don't feel comfortable speaking unless I feel like I'm adding to something or what I'm saying means something. Which is why in groups I'm mostly listening, and chip in every so often just to let people know I'm not bored of them.

ReputationRep:
    Introverted, as that's the way that I am too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllainKahlo)
    For a friend? I think opposites compliment each other, in my friendships anyway so as a pretty extreme introvert, I'd prefer an extrovert but it doesn't matter that much to me. Other qualities are more important.
    I like extroverted people too. I think though that they don't realise I'm an introvert and just think I don't like them so they drift away.

ReputationRep:
    introverted, I find very extroverted people exhausting and a little intimidating and I just can't interact well with them... as another poster said I'm happy to engage with people but have no interest in saying things for the sake of it, I only speak if I feel I have something to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshDawg)
    I like extroverted people too. I think though that they don't realise I'm an introvert and just think I don't like them so they drift away.
    I feel the same way. They realise we aren't completely alike but they don't guess it's because I'm an introvert and they're extroverted. What makes or breaks the relationship for me with an extrovert is the feeling I'm being pushed into doing whatever they want or face being labelled "solitary/muted/no fun etc.". As said above, I generally find extroverted people exhausting and they tend to make me want to retreat into isolation.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Depends entirely. Don't get the word "introvert" confused with being shy, quiet and unconfident for a start, as that's not what it means. If we just say, introvert means they don't like being the centre of attention, prefers a quiet night with a few friends to a big night out with a huge group of people and needs time away from people to "recharge"; whereas an extrovert conversely loves being the centre of attention, enjoys a big night out with a huge group of people and thrives on being around people. Nothing to do with confidence or self esteem.

That being said, I'm a bit of an introvert; I'm confident and not afraid to speak my mind and I'm very chatty if I'm genuinely interested in the topic of the conversation and I feel like I have your full attention, but I'm not a loud person at all, hate being the centre of attention and need time to myself sometimes and I prefer to spend my time with a few close friends these days rather than go on a mental night with a huge group. However, I'll assume you meant by "introvert" someone who is quiet, shy and doesn't talk much (which isn't what it means, but I'll go with it); if you were to make me choose between a quiet, shy person who doesn't talk much and someone you'd label an "extrovert" who is chatty, outgoing and has a lot of positive energy then I'd choose that person. I have an easy time chatting to people who talk a lot and can make conversation, for a start. People also rub off on me, so if they're quite energetic and outgoing it makes me feel the same. Whereas if I was sitting there with someone I had a hard time talking to then I'd get bored, and I feel like a friend should be someone who you can have endless chats with.

ReputationRep:
    extroverted.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer extroverted people. I don't like quiet, shy types. They are shy because they have nothing to offer.

ReputationRep:
    Sober/high: introverted
    Drunk: extroverted

ReputationRep:
    I'm an introvert and my two closest friends are introverts. I wouldn't change them for the world.

ReputationRep:
    I'm introvert but not that much. First encounter with people can be very awkward for me so I'm more comfortable with extroverts people since they usually have more topics to talk to, not saying that introverts don't have many but usually they just think about in inside their head without uttering it. Plus with extrovert I can suck some of their energies lol.

In the end I'm fine with both though.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.