Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a first year medical student in scotland, and was wondering if I could get any advice on how to study for Medicine where there is so much content? I normally just write notes from what the lecturer is saying and rough notes from the lecture then rewrite them neatly and combing the information together although this has been strongly advised against.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UsmanRasul)
    Hi, I am a first year medical student in scotland, and was wondering if I could get any advice on how to study for Medicine where there is so much content? I normally just write notes from what the lecturer is saying and rough notes from the lecture then rewrite them neatly and combing the information together although this has been strongly advised against.

It would help to know where you're studying so that students from that uni can comment ad we can know what/when exams are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    It would help to know where you're studying so that students from that uni can comment ad we can know what/when exams are!
    Oh Sorry! I am studying at The University of Aberdeen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UsmanRasul)
    For lectures, I try to make notes during the lecture, then via the internet (or books), I go through the lecture again adding detail to anything I didn't understand/missed in the lecture. Then revise and memorise.

I tried the writing everything down neatly method in 1st year and it took me a while to figure out it didn't work, for me at least. Plus I can now read scribble.

I'm not at Aberdeen btw.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 19, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.