Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I don't usually use forums like this but I'm just three days away from submitting my PhD and panicking a little!!

Even though both my supervisors have said it looks good and reads well, I've spent the last few days constantly changing the structure and freaking out that it's basically a load of crap that makes no sense!!

Did anyone else feel like this before submission?

I'm struggling with my mindset, feeling like I'm going to fail and feeling like at this point I should be really happy with what I've written.

Any reassurance from people who have already submitted as to whether these are all normal feelings would be appreciated!!

A x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annamay87)
    Hi all,

I don't usually use forums like this but I'm just three days away from submitting my PhD and panicking a little!!

Even though both my supervisors have said it looks good and reads well, I've spent the last few days constantly changing the structure and freaking out that it's basically a load of crap that makes no sense!!

Did anyone else feel like this before submission?

I'm struggling with my mindset, feeling like I'm going to fail and feeling like at this point I should be really happy with what I've written.

Any reassurance from people who have already submitted as to whether these are all normal feelings would be appreciated!!

A x
    I am still in the process of writing and due to submit in December. Your supervisors have said it is good, so I think it is just you panicking. Why are you 3 days away from submitting? Why can't you submit it now? Personally, I would stop looking at it and just submit to get it over and done with. You can then have a break and start preparing for your viva. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluffyowl)
    I am still in the process of writing and due to submit in December. Your supervisors have said it is good, so I think it is just you panicking. Why are you 3 days away from submitting? Why can't you submit it now? Personally, I would stop looking at it and just submit to get it over and done with. You can then have a break and start preparing for your viva. Good luck!
    Thank you you are probably right!!

Submitting on Saturday just because I gave myself that deadline.

I go on holiday on Wednesday morning so wanted 2/3 days beforehand to sort myself.

Thank you for your reply

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.