Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi everyone,

    I come from Poland but I've been living in England and attending English school since 2011. I started school from Year 8 and now I am in Year 12 since September.

    Because of that, I never know whether I qualify as a UK or EU student? I'll soon have to start thinking about university and student loan, etc. and I don't know what to put on my application.

    Also, all universities that I have been looking at, require IELTS from students if English isn't their first language. Obviously, Polish is my first language but I got a B in English Language and an A in English Literature at GCSE. Would that be enough to prove my language proficiency or would I still have to do IELTS?

    I want to apply for a Veterinary University, maybe Cambridge if I don't get Ds next year So BMAT is a requirement. Wouldn't taking BMAT be enough?

    Thanks everyone in advance
    •  Official Rep

     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

    I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

    (Original post by Tank Girl)

University open days

  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.