Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I am predicted A*AB in my A Levels which I am quite happy about. I want to study history and politics at university and I was wondering if I would have a chance at getting into Oxford? I know the university entry requirements are AAA but will they make an exception?

ReputationRep:
    Those are predictions. You can achieve higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingAuthor)
    Those are predictions. You can achieve higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Of course that's what I want to do but, in terms of the application process, is there a chance that I would be offered a place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskedobject)
    Of course that's what I want to do but, in terms of the application process, is there a chance that I would be offered a place?
    It'd depend on the rest of your application. If it's clear to the admissions tutors that those predictions are fairly accurate then you'd probably be rejected. AAA is the minimum. For the sake of admission, A*A*B is seen as below AAA.

However, if you do well in all other aspects of your application and it's completely clear that you've been mis-predicted and you are very likely to achieve at least AAA then you may be offered a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colourtheory)
    It'd depend on the rest of your application. If it's clear to the admissions tutors that those predictions are fairly accurate then you'd probably be rejected. AAA is the minimum. For the sake of admission, A*A*B is seen as below AAA.

However, if you do well in all other aspects of your application and it's completely clear that you've been mis-predicted and you are very likely to achieve at least AAA then you may be offered a place.
    Thanks for the advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.