Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, I am 20 years old and I have aspergers, as a result I have struggled with relationships. I do have some one that I fancy, I have known her a long time. I was wondering whats the best way to ask some one out.

ReputationRep:
    Not important. Got a job? A living? In education at the moment?

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    Not important. Got a job? A living? In education at the moment?
    Yes I have a job, I am also at uni.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Whats this got to do with my question

ReputationRep:
    Then just go up to her and talk. At the end of it, ask her out by using the words "I'd like to..."

If you get rejected, move on immediately. I'm seeking a job at the moment and the same principles apply, I'm not trying too hard on each application just in case I don't get the job.

ReputationRep:
    Whats this got to do with my question
    None. He's being a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    None. He's being a ****.
    Whoa.

I'm pretty sure he was joking.

Hi there,
    I understand your situation, I also have aspergers and struggle with relationships.
    Maybe try the going for a coffee idea..or if you know a place or activity you both enjoy, try
    asking her out somewhere she will like? Ask her what she likes, and seem interested.
    That works for me at least, though I'm female not male!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    Whoa.

I'm pretty sure he was joking.
    Pretty sure you're an idiot. Do you even know what aspergers is? And why the hell would that be funny.

Oh wait, maybe I was just joking with you when I called you an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure you're an idiot. Do you even know what aspergers is? And why the hell would that be funny.

Oh wait, maybe I was just joking with you when I called you an idiot.
    That's a tad mean. And just so you know, my best friend has asbergers and dyspraxia, so yes I do. I'm pretty sure he was trolling in the "Disregard females, acquire currency" fashion.

You used to be nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    That's a tad mean. And just so you know, my best friend has asbergers and dyspraxia, so yes I do. I'm pretty sure he was trolling in the "Disregard females, acquire currency" fashion.

You used to be nice.
    This is being mean? Hmph.

Join a dating website for aspies.

ReputationRep:
    This is being mean? Hmph.
    Take it from my perspective

ReputationRep:
    Do you know that this girl likes you? Do you have a particular thing in common with her?
    Take her somewhere you feel comfortable (in a cinema, coffee shop, museum.. somewhere you can be yourself around her, but still have other interesting things around you to discuss.)

If you're wanting to meet new girls, there is always dating sites. You could join a club or team, or go to a bar with a friend and meet new people there. Go with an open mind, don't go "looking for a girlfriend" cause they will be able to tell. Instead try going to meet new people, and if you get a connection with someone, then great! If not, there's plenty more opportunities, so no pressure to make it happen now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2015
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.