Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ----

ReputationRep:
    There's no reason you shouldn't be able to get in if you ask me! Maybe he'll be less lenient if you drop a grade next August but they're clearly not asking for 2 hard subjects rather than soft ones on the page. I'd suggest going to the open day and discussing it with someone from the department but if you like Liverpool I'd chance one of your slots on applying anyway
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by hollie857)
    I'm currently in my second year of A-levels studying History, Philosophy and Sociology. I want to study Law in university and I am aware that Russell Group universities require the minimum of 2 'traditional' subjects in order to get in. I'm worried that as I only take 1 traditional subject - History, I might not get in.

At this point I wish I never let myself be pushed into taking sociology on enrolment day as it is seen as a 'mickey mouse' subject, something which I can understand.
    However, after looking through the University of Liverpool website and through the Law LLB (Hons) entry requirements, I can't seem to find anywhere where it says I should be taking 2 traditional A-levels in order to get onto the course. It just states that I must have a minimum of grade C in English and Maths which I have, and ABB in my A-levels - I got ABB in my AS results and hope to achieve ABB/AAB this year.

Can anyone enlighten me / put me at ease that if I get my grades I stand a chance of being accepted into the University of Liverpool with my subjects.
    Your subjects are absolutely fine, you definitely don't need two traditional subjects to get in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 16, 2015

University open days

1. University of Liverpool
    Visits and Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Liverpool
    Visits and Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.