Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, my friend was driving me, however she's just found out her MOT ran out and thinks her car is unlikely to pass. I've already done all of my uni shopping and I have no idea how I'm going to get it from Essex to Lancashire if worst comes to worst.

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michael12)
    Basically, my friend was driving me, however she's just found out her MOT ran out and thinks her car is unlikely to pass. I've already done all of my uni shopping and I have no idea how I'm going to get it from Essex to Lancashire if worst comes to worst.

Any ideas?
    Is there no relative or other friend who can help you, even if you offer them a bit of money? Failing that you can look at taking as much as you can on the train or pay for a company to transport your belongings.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by michael12)

Any ideas?
    Is there no other friends that could take you? Failing that, could you not ask family members or something?

If that's still a big no, you can do train and other public transport, do bits at a time or pay for a moving company to help you move some of your stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Is there no relative or other friend who can help you, even if you offer them a bit of money? Failing that you can look at taking as much as you can on the train or pay for a company to transport your belongings.
    (Original post by JustGeorgeJ)
    Is there no other friends that could take you? Failing that, could you not ask family members or something?

If that's still a big no, you can do train and other public transport, do bits at a time or pay for a moving company to help you move some of your stuff?
    Thanks, no one I know really drives, I've managed to come up with a backup plan which is going on the coach with two suitcases with as much in as possible and just leaving behind the stuff that wont fit and buying it when I get there.

Trying to find coaches that would get me there in time was a nightmare but I've managed to do it by splitting the journey in two halves and leaving at around 3AM.

Thanks for your suggestions

ReputationRep:
    your alternative would be to make cntact with other freshers via fb, or do that liftshare thing

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.