Mo Tayee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, currently a re-sit student, despite having extenuating circumstances I knew competition would be very hard for medicine so i did keep my doors open bearing in mind medicine was the career but it was extremely competitive and with me re-sitting it would narrow down my choices for unis and foundation degrees. Im studying Chemistry Maths Biology Language (dropping that) and Recieved 4 C's in summer. It would be stupid to apply for medicine rn, however I can not still pick between Chemical engineering, Medical engineering, Biomedical science/biomedicine or Chemistry degree. Could anyone advice me or give me any insights or a direction perhaps of which would be more beneficial for someone in my position? I do love chemistry and maths and a bunch of biology (mostly medical side, and ofcourse as any job goes a good or a high pay. I worked in a pharmacy for a very long time and what i learnt is i really dont want to work in one for a future, im not sure whether that was claustrophobic aspects or not but yeah
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mo Tayee)
Hi, currently a re-sit student, despite having extenuating circumstances I knew competition would be very hard for medicine so i did keep my doors open bearing in mind medicine was the career but it was extremely competitive and with me re-sitting it would narrow down my choices for unis and foundation degrees. Im studying Chemistry Maths Biology Language (dropping that) and Recieved 4 C's in summer. It would be stupid to apply for medicine rn, however I can not still pick between Chemical engineering, Medical engineering, Biomedical science/biomedicine or Chemistry degree. Could anyone advice me or give me any insights or a direction perhaps of which would be more beneficial for someone in my position? I do love chemistry and maths and a bunch of biology (mostly medical side, and ofcourse as any job goes a good or a high pay. I worked in a pharmacy for a very long time and what i learnt is i really dont want to work in one for a future, im not sure whether that was claustrophobic aspects or not but yeah
I'm getting the impression that you are more interested in the technical side of things rather than the people-facing aspects? You need to read through the course specifications for the options you've mentioned and see what takes your fancy.
Happy_Holidays
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have a look at NHS careers where it should be able to give you more information on the different career options and where they can lead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mo Tayee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Minerva)
I'm getting the impression that you are more interested in the technical side of things rather than the people-facing aspects? You need to read through the course specifications for the options you've mentioned and see what takes your fancy.
well ive worked in a care home for maybe 2 years now just as a thing after school and i absolutely know i always put people first even throughout my everyday life. I wanted to be a cardio thoracic surgeon (so i already was dedicated and persevering to spending the next 14 years studying). I think what i doubt more is getting into medicine than actually medicine because what people keep asking me is what interests you go into that and well i cant find anything but that (especially with applying soon to university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads