Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, currently a re-sit student, despite having extenuating circumstances I knew competition would be very hard for medicine so i did keep my doors open bearing in mind medicine was the career but it was extremely competitive and with me re-sitting it would narrow down my choices for unis and foundation degrees. Im studying Chemistry Maths Biology Language (dropping that) and Recieved 4 C's in summer. It would be stupid to apply for medicine rn, however I can not still pick between Chemical engineering, Medical engineering, Biomedical science/biomedicine or Chemistry degree. Could anyone advice me or give me any insights or a direction perhaps of which would be more beneficial for someone in my position? I do love chemistry and maths and a bunch of biology (mostly medical side, and ofcourse as any job goes a good or a high pay. I worked in a pharmacy for a very long time and what i learnt is i really dont want to work in one for a future, im not sure whether that was claustrophobic aspects or not but yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo Tayee)
    Hi, currently a re-sit student, despite having extenuating circumstances I knew competition would be very hard for medicine so i did keep my doors open bearing in mind medicine was the career but it was extremely competitive and with me re-sitting it would narrow down my choices for unis and foundation degrees. Im studying Chemistry Maths Biology Language (dropping that) and Recieved 4 C's in summer. It would be stupid to apply for medicine rn, however I can not still pick between Chemical engineering, Medical engineering, Biomedical science/biomedicine or Chemistry degree. Could anyone advice me or give me any insights or a direction perhaps of which would be more beneficial for someone in my position? I do love chemistry and maths and a bunch of biology (mostly medical side, and ofcourse as any job goes a good or a high pay. I worked in a pharmacy for a very long time and what i learnt is i really dont want to work in one for a future, im not sure whether that was claustrophobic aspects or not but yeah
    I'm getting the impression that you are more interested in the technical side of things rather than the people-facing aspects? You need to read through the course specifications for the options you've mentioned and see what takes your fancy.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Have a look at NHS careers where it should be able to give you more information on the different career options and where they can lead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    I'm getting the impression that you are more interested in the technical side of things rather than the people-facing aspects? You need to read through the course specifications for the options you've mentioned and see what takes your fancy.
    well ive worked in a care home for maybe 2 years now just as a thing after school and i absolutely know i always put people first even throughout my everyday life. I wanted to be a cardio thoracic surgeon (so i already was dedicated and persevering to spending the next 14 years studying). I think what i doubt more is getting into medicine than actually medicine because what people keep asking me is what interests you go into that and well i cant find anything but that (especially with applying soon to university.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.