Turn on thread page Beta

university choices? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have 5 a*'s gcse, and i achieved AABB at as, in biology maths chemistry and physics, i'm predicted an a*/a in chemistry and maths and not too sure about biology, i've dropped physics.

I have completed UkCat, getting 630

Work experience i have completed includes : 2 weeks at hospital shadowing surgeon; 1 week at dental practice; 2 days at dental technicians; 1 day with max fax surgeon; 1 week at a self help home

I also do football, cricket, and swimming at club levels, and have taken piano to grade 6.

I want to do dentistry in the future but i wasnt sure if i'd get into any of the uni's, if you think i could, can you suggest a good university to apply to?

also im not too sure what to take as my 5th safe option, maybe biomed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishanshah3)
    I have 5 a*'s gcse, and i achieved AABB at as, in biology maths chemistry and physics, i'm predicted an a*/a in chemistry and maths and not too sure about biology, i've dropped physics.

I have completed UkCat, getting 630

Work experience i have completed includes : 2 weeks at hospital shadowing surgeon; 1 week at dental practice; 2 days at dental technicians; 1 day with max fax surgeon; 1 week at a self help home

I also do football, cricket, and swimming at club levels, and have taken piano to grade 6.

I want to do dentistry in the future but i wasnt sure if i'd get into any of the uni's, if you think i could, can you suggest a good university to apply to?

also im not too sure what to take as my 5th safe option, maybe biomed?
    You need to do your own research - there aren't that many dental schools, and you need to check out the minimum entry requirements and what level of UKCAT score is being asked for. You seem to have good work experience so that's helpful, provided you use it in your PS to show that you understand what the job is about. The extra-curriculars are generally of much less importance and should not take up much more space in your PS than they have in your post above.

If you don't apply, you won't know whether you'd have got a place. If you aren't successful there are many other options to pursue and still go to uni in 2016, if that's what's bothering you (though it shouldn't - a gap year can be a very useful experience for all sorts of reasons).

As for your fifth choice - what interests you? What entry requirements do you meet?

ReputationRep:
    Applying for dentistry at QMUL, King's, Dundee and Queen's Belfast.
    GCSES 1A*, 4As, 5Bs
    AS AABB (RS, Chemistry, Maths, Biology)
    A2 predictions A*AA (RS, Chemistry, Maths)
    UKCAT today.
    EPQ on lung cancer, Grade A
    Volunteering at Centre of the Cell, 2 weeks work exp at a care home, work exp at The royal london hospital in the anaesthetic dept. in November plus dental shadowing.

Any suggestions/comments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunshine98)
    Applying for dentistry at QMUL, King's, Dundee and Queen's Belfast.
    GCSES 1A*, 4As, 5Bs
    AS AABB (RS, Chemistry, Maths, Biology)
    A2 predictions A*AA (RS, Chemistry, Maths)
    UKCAT today.
    EPQ on lung cancer, Grade A
    Volunteering at Centre of the Cell, 2 weeks work exp at a care home, work exp at The royal london hospital in the anaesthetic dept. in November plus dental shadowing.

Any suggestions/comments?
    Yes - please stop spamming every thread you come across with this post.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.