ishanshah3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have 5 a*'s gcse, and i achieved AABB at as, in biology maths chemistry and physics, i'm predicted an a*/a in chemistry and maths and not too sure about biology, i've dropped physics.

I have completed UkCat, getting 630

Work experience i have completed includes : 2 weeks at hospital shadowing surgeon; 1 week at dental practice; 2 days at dental technicians; 1 day with max fax surgeon; 1 week at a self help home

I also do football, cricket, and swimming at club levels, and have taken piano to grade 6.

I want to do dentistry in the future but i wasnt sure if i'd get into any of the uni's, if you think i could, can you suggest a good university to apply to?

also im not too sure what to take as my 5th safe option, maybe biomed?
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ishanshah3)
I have 5 a*'s gcse, and i achieved AABB at as, in biology maths chemistry and physics, i'm predicted an a*/a in chemistry and maths and not too sure about biology, i've dropped physics.

I have completed UkCat, getting 630

Work experience i have completed includes : 2 weeks at hospital shadowing surgeon; 1 week at dental practice; 2 days at dental technicians; 1 day with max fax surgeon; 1 week at a self help home

I also do football, cricket, and swimming at club levels, and have taken piano to grade 6.

I want to do dentistry in the future but i wasnt sure if i'd get into any of the uni's, if you think i could, can you suggest a good university to apply to?

also im not too sure what to take as my 5th safe option, maybe biomed?
You need to do your own research - there aren't that many dental schools, and you need to check out the minimum entry requirements and what level of UKCAT score is being asked for. You seem to have good work experience so that's helpful, provided you use it in your PS to show that you understand what the job is about. The extra-curriculars are generally of much less importance and should not take up much more space in your PS than they have in your post above.

If you don't apply, you won't know whether you'd have got a place. If you aren't successful there are many other options to pursue and still go to uni in 2016, if that's what's bothering you (though it shouldn't - a gap year can be a very useful experience for all sorts of reasons).

As for your fifth choice - what interests you? What entry requirements do you meet?
Sunshine98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Applying for dentistry at QMUL, King's, Dundee and Queen's Belfast.
GCSES 1A*, 4As, 5Bs
AS AABB (RS, Chemistry, Maths, Biology)
A2 predictions A*AA (RS, Chemistry, Maths)
UKCAT today.
EPQ on lung cancer, Grade A
Volunteering at Centre of the Cell, 2 weeks work exp at a care home, work exp at The royal london hospital in the anaesthetic dept. in November plus dental shadowing.

Any suggestions/comments?
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sunshine98)
Applying for dentistry at QMUL, King's, Dundee and Queen's Belfast.
GCSES 1A*, 4As, 5Bs
AS AABB (RS, Chemistry, Maths, Biology)
A2 predictions A*AA (RS, Chemistry, Maths)
UKCAT today.
EPQ on lung cancer, Grade A
Volunteering at Centre of the Cell, 2 weeks work exp at a care home, work exp at The royal london hospital in the anaesthetic dept. in November plus dental shadowing.

Any suggestions/comments?
Yes - please stop spamming every thread you come across with this post.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads