Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering is someone could offer me some advice on buying books, it would be greatly appreciated. I am going to be a first year at university and earlier this week I received an email advertising the availability of subsided book bundles relevant to my course for sale at a price of £170 at the university book store. Whenever discussing the subject of buying books with former first years they have advised to stay clear of the university book store for the books can be purchased second hand much cheaper. However, this bundle includes all the compulsory books for my first year according to the email received and would save me the hassle of having to find all of the books. Taking this into consideration shall I buy the books or is this an expensive price?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Would you ever like the electronic files of the books? Some of them can be found online

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 16, 2015

University open days

1. University of Birmingham
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.