The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HCAssistant93
Guys some advice please.

I don't know whether to pull out from the Keele interview?

I have a grad interview for Liverpool in two weeks. Waiting to hear from Sheffield post interview and i have received one offer from Manchester. I know if I get Liverpool Il probs go there if not Manchester.

I have accepted the interview but shall I email them and pull out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you really don't plan on going, and you have an offer, i'd pull out. it may gve one of the on-hold students a chance. but congratulations :smile:
Guys some advice please.

I don't know whether to pull out from the Keele interview?

I have a grad interview for Liverpool in two weeks. Waiting to hear from Sheffield post interview and i have received one offer from Manchester. I know if I get Liverpool Il probs go there if not Manchester.

I have accepted the interview but shall I email them and pull out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you ever consider going to Keele? If so then give it a go :smile: if not then maybe give someone else a chance? Whatever you decide do what you think is best :smile:
Original post by vikingkermit
I think I may have an interview!!
I rang them up this afternoon and the lady on the phone said that my R&R form has been assessed and that I should hear back in the next couple of days. But without me promoting she also told me that interviews for pre-med are on the 18th which I'm hoping is a good sign! (I've changed my application to pre-med).

Sorry to ask but what is pre-med? I'm presuming the 6 year course?
Original post by Charlottemc1234
Would you ever consider going to Keele? If so then give it a go :smile: if not then maybe give someone else a chance? Whatever you decide do what you think is best :smile:

Tbh in fron Manchester so if I didn't get into grad entry I'd want to stay at home. So I feel like I'm wasting their time if you get me. I wouldn't want to do that when someone else can have a chance and I'd feel happier doing that. I'm going to ring them tomorrow I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh in fron Manchester so if I didn't get into grad entry I'd want to stay at home. So I feel like I'm wasting their time if you get me. I wouldn't want to do that when someone else can have a chance and I'd feel happier doing that. I'm going to ring them tomorrow I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough :smile:
Reply 825

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I were you I would pull out, yes. This is to give someone else a chance because most people only ever get 1 interview.... You've got an offer from a place you'd be happy to go to so I would just focus on Liverpool and then be done with UCAS and enjoy the time off before med school starts
Original post by kc91
If I were you I would pull out, yes. This is to give someone else a chance because most people only ever get 1 interview.... You've got an offer from a place you'd be happy to go to so I would just focus on Liverpool and then be done with UCAS and enjoy the time off before med school starts

I agree. I just needed some reassurance from you guys. I'd love to be able to give someone else a chance to get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree. I just needed some reassurance from you guys. I'd love to be able to give someone else a chance to get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats such a good thing to do, giving someone else a shot at interview. I am sure all of us who are still waiting to hear are incredibly grateful to people like you, giving us more of a shot at getting an interview!

Good luck with Liverpool, GEM is so competitive you did really well to get an interview :smile:
Original post by Bronte_girl
Thats such a good thing to do, giving someone else a shot at interview. I am sure all of us who are still waiting to hear are incredibly grateful to people like you, giving us more of a shot at getting an interview!

Good luck with Liverpool, GEM is so competitive you did really well to get an interview :smile:

Thank you. I'll be in touch with Keele tomorrow and I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm out the country now for a week but with reg wifi I'll be around

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trachelm
how did you manage to qualify for pre med and the standard medicine course?

I didn't, I applied for A100 not knowing if my degree would would have enough hard science. Keele got in touch with me a few weeks back and said it didn't but would I like to be considered for the pre-med course. So obviously I said yes! Think there's only 10 places for pre-med though so I'm guessing it's competitive at interview.
Sorry to ask but what is pre-med? I'm presuming the 6 year course?

Yeah, the 6 year course.
Reply 831
What is the number you call to check the status of your application?
01782 733632 / 734644 / 733642 / 734651[/quot
Original post by amarzum
What is the number you call to check the status of your application?

I would only call if you have a valid question to ask though otherwise they get a bit annoyed, I think they're stressed out with the calls
To pull out shall I ring or email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably call I tried emailing and didn't get a reply
Probably call I tried emailing and didn't get a reply

Ok thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Email them and also withdraw from that option on UCAS track.. That's what I have done for one of my options.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tremerz
Email them and also withdraw from that option on UCAS track.. That's what I have done for one of my options.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll call them to explain but I'll do that too. Does anyone have the number for the med school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll call them to explain but I'll do that too. Does anyone have the number for the med school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

01782 733632 Will get you through to admissions.

Quick Reply

Latest